• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

how many cardinal tetras

eddyboy

Hi guys just wanted some advice about how many cardinals would look good in my 350l tank. The tank is 4ft x 2ft x 2ft. I already have 12 cardinals,a pair of blue rams, 5 ottos, about 9 shrimp and 10 pygmy corysdoras. The tank looks abit on the empty side and needs some more fish. It is filtered by 3x external filters,reana xp3, tetra tec 700 and 600.

cheers

eddy

Hi,

The more the merrier within reason. I have a shoal of about 50 in a 250L and there by no means crowded. In fact i'm certain they love the security safety in numbers brings.

Regards Chris.

so looks like I got room to up the numbers a fair bit. Thanks for your help :)

Do post pics when you get the extra fish.

Ive got around 40 in my 180l tank and they look lovely especially during feeding time.

Its a frenzy!

will post pics when I can afford to get more cardinals. Has any one ever bought fish from ebay? Found some one selling cardinals for about £22 for 20, the cheapest I have found. Never done the mail order fish thing.

now do the same calculation using feet rather than cm's for the measurements. it comes to nearer 450L for some reason. even though 60cm is very nearly 2ft!

Nick16 said:
now do the same calculation using feet rather than cm's for the measurements. it comes to nearer 450L for some reason. even though 60cm is very nearly 2ft!

because there is a slight difference, you are using rounded numbers, to be precise, 1ft isnt exactly 30cm, it is 30.48

cm = (120 x 60 x 60) / 1000 = 432l

feet (but convereted to cm) = (121.92 x 60.96 x 60.96) /1000 = 453l

You wouldnt think it would make that much difference though!

Back