• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Help me decide on a new filter.

Jonstonia

ffbd09480631bd93c122771207f49a1c.jpg

Hi all, I currently have a 90p (166 litre) tank about 3 weeks into a planted cycle. Using co2. I think I may have bought an underpowered filter as the flow seems very low. I have the Oase Biotherm 250 (900 litres per hour)

The co2 diffuser is opposite the outflow and the bubbles aren’t significantly spread through the tank due to low flow.

Some parts of the tank seem to have zero flow as the plants do not move at all and I’m seeing die off / melting only in these parts.

I’m thinking of getting an Oase Biotherm 600 (1250 lph) or 800 (1550 lph) instead but not sure which. In the future I may get a co2 reactor which may need more flow also.

Anyone able to advise?

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi all,

If it below the tank, and has a lot of filter media, in it you won't get anywhere near the quoted flow. We have quite a few OASE flow threads:

[*]/www.ukaps.org/forum/threads/oase-biomaster-350.69810/"]Oase Biomaster 350[/URL]">

[/LIST]
cheers Darrel

Thanks darrel, the article mentioning changing the head might be the way to go to save some money. It is below the tank and it does have 2 trays of matrix in it. I did try it with none when I first got it and there wasn’t a major flow change. I think it’s just underpowered.

You could just add a pump or wave maker to boost the circulation in the tank.

Ideally looking at less kit in the tank. I’m going to be getting rid of the skimmer and getting an integrated outflow next.

Back