• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Critique my aquascape Hi

L lawliet

Hi
I'm new to the planted tank community. But very passionate about it. This is my first attempt on scaping a tank. I'd really like your views on it. Please tell me if there is anything I can do to improve. 🙏🏻 I'm already beginning to see algae growth even though I'm doing frequent water changes.

Attachments

• IMG-20220215-WA0004.jpg
    IMG-20220215-WA0004.jpg
    231.5 KB · Views: 222
  • IMG_20220217_140227_901.jpg
    IMG_20220217_140227_901.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 182
Hi all,
Welcome to UKAPS.
I'm already beginning to see algae growth
Try adding some floating plants, they aren't CO2 limited so can make use of all the <"available light"> and <"nutrients">. They will act like a <"net curtain"> and will diffuse the light until your slower growing plants get going.
I'm already beginning to see algae growth even though I'm doing frequent water changes.
I'd probably see that <"as a positive thing">. Have a look at <"Heated propagator">.

cheers Darrel

Hi all,
Welcome to UKAPS.

Try adding some floating plants, they aren't CO2 limited so can make use of all the <"available light"> and <"nutrients">. They will act like a <"net curtain"> and will diffuse the light until your slower growing plants get going.

I'd probably see that <"as a positive thing">. Have a look at <"Heated propagator">.

cheers Darrel
Hi Darrel
I have ordered a Neo DIY CO2. I'm expecting it in a week. It's a very low budget tank. I will add frogbits to the tank I hope that will work coz i don't have a lot of options. We don't get much aquatic plants here.
Can you also suggest me if i should dose my tank with fertilizers? This tank is 2 weeks old now. Water TDS is 120. I don't have a test kit yet. I'll get it as soon as I can. But my epiphytes are turning yellow. Only the leaves though. I assume the plants were grown emersed. And i want to help them stabilize in their new home.

Back