• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Chihiros WRGB2 Pro info

Interesting choice adding in white LED’s. I wonder if they are traditional white LED’s or a bank of the RGB LED’s set to a fixed white point. I’d be interested to see the spectral response graph once Chihiros add the product to their website.

Interesting choice adding in white LED’s. I wonder if they are traditional white LED’s or a bank of the RGB LED’s set to a fixed white point. I’d be interested to see the spectral response graph once Chihiros add the product to their website.

Hopefully they are using RGBW chips, which according to internet, has better color reproduction /CRI than RGB chips.

Hopefully they are using RGBW chips, which according to internet, has better color reproduction /CRI than RGB chips.

That’s not my experience. As soon as you try adding in traditional wide band white LED’s the colours start getting washed out compared to what you get 3 channel RGB chips.

The 3 channel RGB chips aren’t perfect, I’ve always thought they lack a certain variation in colour reproduction in between the main RGB response peaks, but they’re better than the older WRGB chips.

Unfortunately he left out all the important bits in my opinion, such as:
  • How does it actually look in person? More natural now with the white leds?
  • Does it feel more powerful than the wrgb2?
  • How are the yellows and oranges?

Hopefully he'll go more in depth next video.

That’s not my experience. As soon as you try adding in traditional wide band white LED’s the colours start getting washed out compared to what you get 3 channel RGB chips.

The 3 channel RGB chips aren’t perfect, I’ve always thought they lack a certain variation in colour reproduction in between the main RGB response peaks, but they’re better than the older WRGB chips.
A bit o/t but check this out..
Adding amber to rgb improves things.

Good video considering this light as an upgrade so I can adjust lighting easily to dial it in

I seen the Green Aqua tank above in person today, and I thought the colours looked very washed out, didn't even realize it had the new Chihiros light on it

I seen the Green Aqua tank above in person today, and I thought the colours looked very washed out, didn't even realize it had the new Chihiros light on it

That’s disappointing to hear - but something I was afraid of with the addition of the white LED’s.

That’s disappointing to hear - but something I was afraid of with the addition of the white LED’s.

I'm annoyed I didn't take pictures, something I explicitly intended to do as well

I bought recently a Chihiros WRGB II Pro 120cm light, for my 120P HighTech tank. Do you have some suggestion, what kind of color mixture should I use, to have warm, redish-yellowish colors?

I bought recently a Chihiros WRGB II Pro 120cm light, for my 120P HighTech tank. Do you have some suggestion, what kind of color mixture should I use, to have warm, redish-yellowish colors?

Welcome to the forum.

Use whatever colour mix you like the best. Try using the standard presets and see if you like any of those, and tweak from there. I generally like a mix with red higher than blue, and blue higher than green (e.g. 50% green, 60% blue, 70% red), but YMMV and it costs nothing to experiment.

Welcome to the forum.

Use whatever colour mix you like the best. Try using the standard presets and see if you like any of those, and tweak from there. I generally like a mix with red higher than blue, and blue higher than green (e.g. 50% green, 60% blue, 70% red), but YMMV and it costs nothing to experiment.
I feel the same way.

I feel the same way.
Welcome to the forum.

Tank you! I found some quite nice setting, but after a while I always realize, I Just used to it, and they are really "distorted" compared to the natural colors.

I will give it a try! :)

Back