• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Black Spots on leaves

Please find video below of my flow setup, what do you think?
Rimless and braceless would’ve definitely been a better option when I purchased this tank.
The co2 seems to dispersing better on the tank now. Unfortunately noticed more bba on the hard scape.
Hi Chris,
Yeah, I was afraid of that. For some reason your tank seems to be on the borderline of BBA. If you still have the Excel then definitely resume the attack straight away. The placement of the spraybars looks OK. It's not clear which has the CO2. It should probably be the lower one, but again some experimentation is needed. It's annoying that the streams are exiting at opposing angles. That steals a bit of energy, but there is not much you can do about that.
Do you have any of your tanks setup yet?
No mate. I have a contract which, in a few months requires me to be moving to a place (I cannot reveal just yet) where I'm not sure the denizens can even spell aquariums, so my kit will have to go into storage for quite a while. I'll have to investigate when I'm on site to see if there are any hard core aquarists...:sick:

Cheers,

Hi Ceg,

Ah nice, what is it you do? Please say it's UK then you can have an apprentice. Although i saw Desert and Warm, so definitely not here! Shame you're tanks will have to go into Storage, or ship them to me I won't mind, haha.

Yes it is the lower down one and the one to the left as you look at it. It was kind of inevitable that it was going to happen again unfortunately whilst i was messing about. So i'll drop the light a little (only on 40% so maybe, like 30%. Co2 seems to be dispersing better, just final tweaks but definitely more consistent with the co2 art regulator and running at a lot lower pressure, around 35 psi rather than 60 psi on the ista one.

My new tank arrives today, custom tank from OA aquaria. But the same size as an EA900. They just didn't do the colours i wanted. Very excited for getting that setup, was a 30th bday present from my fiancé. I'll send some pics once i've got it.

Thanks
Chris

Hi Guys,

Just wanted to drop a message, after a year with this scape it is no more. My first fully planted, high tech tank.

Ceg, thank you so much for your help with this tank I have learnt so much that I’m going to put into practice on my new setup. Will pop a picture up once it’s all done!

I got some great final pictures, and certainly the best the tank ever looked over that period. The Oakstyle 230 is now going to be home for my Chindongo Saulosi, done a quick layout for them and will do it properly in the coming months. Then my community fish (currently on my Roma 125) will be in the 900.

I plan to reuse many of the plants, rotala and crypts. Then left overs help out a young teen eager who wants to setup her first tank. Then remaining I’ll pop on here.

Thanks
Chris

Attachments

• 7D4EC440-F557-4E61-B39A-54F11572F9B7.jpeg
    7D4EC440-F557-4E61-B39A-54F11572F9B7.jpeg
    3.1 MB · Views: 98
  • 118B833C-DC62-4A7B-B942-0038A5AA5365.jpeg
    118B833C-DC62-4A7B-B942-0038A5AA5365.jpeg
    4.6 MB · Views: 107
  • 216F1FD4-2BE1-4E0F-ABFC-43B3D55C905C.jpeg
    216F1FD4-2BE1-4E0F-ABFC-43B3D55C905C.jpeg
    4 MB · Views: 99