• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Resolved! Please ban 2

I wonder if the forum software could accommodate not allowing PM's unless you have made at least a couple of legit posts.. it might help filter out this junk.
Good suggestion, will involve creating new user groups and permissions, I will see what can be done.

I have kept most of the automated spammers at bay, we went from having to clean 10-30 a day to around 10 a month! but these are manual users, so hard to block these people! I will make a few changes in the next couple of days!

Trolls will be trolls and since you'll never know what's on their mind... There will always be trolls...

I have actually just did what @MichaelJ suggested for now and New Members must have two posts in order to then send private messages.
If then they start spamming the forum, I will then enable mods must authorize new members first 2 posts before they can proceed (trying to avoid the latter as this will slow down members help and create more work for mods).

Hi @LondonDragon, I hope it works out. I figure it might just set the bar high enough for the spammers to not bother us. When/if they would post to circumvent the 2 post rule, anyone reading their bogus posts can just hit the "report" button, and take them out of commission that way instead of individual users having to deal with their garbage - and get their computer infected with malware in case they hit PM links by mistake... Of course, nothing is ever failsafe, and we don't want to make it difficult for bonafide hobbyists to join our awesome community.

Cheers,
Michael

Back