• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

CO2 Reactor UK sellers?

Have also ordered 3/4" Irrigation Venturi Fertilizer Mixer Injectors £5
1629215016443.png

worth a try also but not sure how good flow will be

I upped the CO2 a little bit and it started build up a little and be a little noisy, will be interested on the best way to create a venturi on standard filter pipe.
Will I need to drill any extra holes into the reactor? as the CO2 seems to build up a little higher than the CO2 input. cheers

Will I need to drill any extra holes into the reactor?

Should get my parts this week, so should be able to see if using the input CO2 port on the reactor for the feed for the venturi and CO2 from the CO2 reg works. Personally I cant see why we need two ports ( one for CO2 from reg and another for feed for venturi). So I would hold off a little - will post if it works or if it doesn't.
1630416099694.png

With my present attempts the venturi hasnt worked ( sorry haven't updated pic above yet), but I think the back pressure from my heaters may be causing a minor issue or attempts at a DIY venturi failed, think its the later and think the off the self venturi should be fine (and cheaper, ordered the wrong size first time :rolleyes:😅)

Just a quick update as busy, but 1/2" 3/4" 1" Irrigation Venturi Fertilizer Mixer Injectors Garden Water Tube ~BX is working as a venturi and with the CO2 injection from the same tube :cigar:, almost a little too good as it was quite noisy, did have the needle valves fully open all the same. Will fine tune and post soon ;)

Would like to see a video of it working along with the reactors if you have time Karl. 👍

Edit: Also, do you have a link to the matching 3/4" BSP female to 16/20 hose connectors?

Last edited:
Also, do you have a link to the matching 3/4" BSP female to 16/20 hose connectors?

Should I come round and fit it as well :rolleyes:🤣

Have got half the vid done but need to test it a bit as well, digging drains ATM

That's an impressive set up you've got there zeus, I'm especially envious of that bank of sockets. 😀

Last edited:
That's an impressive set up you've got there zeus, I'm especially envious of that bank of sockets. 😀
Thank you :), the real beauty off them is they all work on a timer as well via PLC, plus with @ian_m 'TankyMyTank' software design adjusting times as a dream as you change the on/off time and everything else adjusts to suit.

Great stuff mate, I did not realise that was your plan at all!
I thought you were going to inject the main gas feed into the Venturi and just return any gas build up into the main flow just before the Venturi device.
That is how I have done it before, I found that a simple loop of airline from the top of the reactor back in to the flow just befor the Venturi has worked without Venturi suction assistance, as the pressure increases the gas is simple forced out, you just need to be conscious of angle of returns.
Not to say that would work in your case as my systems are more based on a vortex .
I am in hospital with limited internet and not paper but if I can, I will post a basic pic of what I mean….

Yeah pretty serious, I have had my left kidney removed via robotic surgery.
That was four days ago and I am due to fly back home tomorrow evening from Southampton.
I feel like I have been hit by a train but there are many worse off folk in the ward around me and the surgery went as planed so it could be a lot worse!

Yeah pretty serious, I have had my left kidney removed via robotic surgery.
That was four days ago and I am due to fly back home tomorrow evening from Southampton.
I feel like I have been hit by a train but there are many worse off folk in the ward around me and the surgery went as planed so it could be a lot worse!
:eek:, really sorry to hear than M8, getting out of hospital is always a good sign. Hope you have swift recovery to the new 'normal'.
Had Bacterial Meningitis in Egypt a few years back, wife went back to hotel on first night not knowing if I would still be alive in morning, I was well out of it, few days a later I was up and about. Having a close call changes your perspective on life big time.

Just had a close call with the [CO2], was thinking it would take 20 - 30 mins to get 1.0pH drop, had to step in at 10 mins as it had already got 1.0pH drop and turn the flow off though the reactors and CO2 off as well, pH kept dropping, lights was on and fish gasping at surface, kept dropping till about 1.6pH drop, all fish have settled down and waiting for [CO2] to drop more ATM.

But the other side is it as shows how well the venturi is working recirculating the CO2, just need to turn down the twin injection a bit :oops:

Last edited:
Back