• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Oase Biomaster hard to remove prefilter and hose adapter (under pressure)

Hi,

My Oase Biomaster 600 has been working perfectly for a year now. However, recently it has become harder to remove the prefilter and especially the hose adaptor.
Prefilter: When removing the prefilter I have to gently open the locking, otherwise the water will come up and spill
Hose adapter: After unlocking it, it is really hard to remove the hose adapter. I have to apply a lot of strength and inevitably it will spill water.

Conclusion: It seams as if the filter is under pressure and when removing the prefilter / hose adapter the pressure is released and hence the water spillage.

Anyone experiencing similar issues. Or anyone with a clue on what could be the reason for this?

Thanks!

Hi,
You are correct, all canister filters are under pressure. The pressure is given by the height of your water level in your tank. When you close the tap you are looking that pressure inside the canister. You will always have something, pressure elastic, such as few gas bubbles, which will expand and create a small spill. You will need to live with that...
Regarding the hose adapter, take some silicone grease or better silicone spray and grease it well. Put some grease on the rubber o-rings, on the pipes, as well.
If you will lift the adapter out before removing the prefilter, you will relieve the pressure so the spillage will happen only on the adapter side, not on the prefilter side.
Try to open first on both sides and decide for your self on which side you will prefer to deal with that spill ...
Regards

Hi,

My Oase Biomaster 600 has been working perfectly for a year now. However, recently it has become harder to remove the prefilter and especially the hose adaptor.
Prefilter: When removing the prefilter I have to gently open the locking, otherwise the water will come up and spill
Hose adapter: After unlocking it, it is really hard to remove the hose adapter. I have to apply a lot of strength and inevitably it will spill water.

Conclusion: It seams as if the filter is under pressure and when removing the prefilter / hose adapter the pressure is released and hence the water spillage.

Anyone experiencing similar issues. Or anyone with a clue on what could be the reason for this?

Thanks!
I have exactly the same thing. I need to forcefully remove the hose adaptor, to the point I'm worried I'm going to pull the pipes off.
I don't have a solution but I'm following to see what others say.

I have exactly the same thing. I need to forcefully remove the hose adaptor, to the point I'm worried I'm going to pull the pipes off.
I don't have a solution but I'm following to see what others say.
This is exactly what happens to me. But it did not happen in the first months of use. It used to be fairly easy to remove, with no spillage.

@SRP3006 do you use an inline CO2 diffuser. I use one and I wonder if this has something to do with it.

Yes I use a inline diffuser. Lots of others on here use an inline so I'm not sure that is doing it. mine is rather difficult to remove now.

Yes I use a inline diffuser. Lots of others on here use an inline so I'm not sure that is doing it. mine is rather difficult to remove now.
The seals will come lubricated from the factory. If its sticky now its probably worn off the contact areas through use. As stated above use a silicon lubricant and should help massively. Some rubber can go a bit sticky so without the lubricant it sticks to the plastic it seals against which is why its hard to remove once it's sat for a week etc

The seals will come lubricated from the factory. If its sticky now its probably worn off the contact areas through use. As stated above use a silicon lubricant and should help massively. Some rubber can go a bit sticky so without the lubricant it sticks to the plastic it seals against which is why its hard to remove once it's sat for a week etc
Thanks. I will try to lubricate mine during the next maintenance.

Back