• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

My 60p soft water

New light! chihiros wrgbii 45

running at 60:60:35 rgb in order.

/forum/attachments/img_7416-jpg.171780/?hash=224e667fc31fb359479a577cbb47d3fe
IMG_7416.JPG
IMG_7413.PNG IMG_7409.JPG

Nice. Whats the purple/pink plant? Don't see it in your tank (or at least not that colour in your FTS) WRGB is making red plants redder compared to your earlier photos :)

@erwin123 it's limnophila hippuridoides. the bottom sides color up to be purple.

dimmed the light a little and went back to the spray bar because of algae issues.
IMG_2544.JPG
noticed the ember tetra being a little more adventurous after the background fell off and i didn't get round to fixing it/
IMG_2540.JPG
more embers and a trio of honey gourami coming soon! hope that makes em even less shy.

tank parameters for the interested.
kh: 0
ph 4-5
gh:10
substrate: tropica aquasoil
fertiliser: none at the moment
co2: quite high, will get 6dkh drop checker soon to aim for 45ppm
filtration/flow: eheim 2213+skimmer resulting in around a Theoretical turnover of 15x per hour.
light: chihiros wrgb2 at 50:30:50 rgb in order

plant list.
rotala indica,
hygrophila polysperma
rotala rotundifolia
ludwigia inclinata cuba
limnophila hippuridoides
ludwigia mini super red
tonina fluviatilis
ludwigia senegalensis
ludwigia white
eriocaulon cinereum
centrolepis drummondiana
hygrophila clear
marsilea hirsuta
staurogyne repens
crypt willissi

noticed your earlier posts it was pH 6 and it has now dropped to pH 4-5. Is it due mainly to added CO2?

I can't spot the ludwigia senegalensis in your FTS? Is it together with the super reds?

low ph is from 0kh @erwin123. senegalensis is in betweeen eriocaulon and centrolepis drummondiana in the foreground.

quick update... everything growing in well. ordered some dry salts. not sure what i'm going to do with dosing yet. any ideas?atleast algae is under control at the moment.
IMG_2582.JPG
IMG_2577.JPG
very happy with ludwigia white and blood vomit. showing growth although slowly.

quick update... everything growing in well. ordered some dry salts. not sure what i'm going to do with dosing yet. any ideas?atleast algae is under control at the moment.

I'd be inclined to dose full EI, at least to start with, you're showing quite a few deficiency symptoms in the older leaves, so at least with EI you can rule out nutrients.

Did you get the APFUK starter kit? if so, just follow the instructions, its very straight forward.

you're showing quite a few deficiency symptoms in the older leaves, so at least with EI you can rule out nutrients
i'm showing deficiency because of an experiment I was doing. when the tank was rescaped i got a massive nutrient spike due to surfacing a few root tabs. nitrates around 100ppm.
before that i was having good growth with 12ppm N, 0.9ppm P, and 8ppm K. I'm curious about EI and fast growth, but not sure i can commit, haha.

i'm showing deficiency because of an experiment I was doing. when the tank was rescaped i got a massive nutrient spike due to surfacing a few root tabs. nitrates around 100ppm.
i wanted to see how long the tank could go without ferts. before that i was having good growth with 12ppm N, 0.9ppm P, and 8ppm K. I'm curious about EI and fast growth, but not sure i can commit, haha.

Hey I feel your pain... my substrate is 10 years old and occasionally a JBL Kugeln ball surfaces and its emergency water change time!

I recently got JBL Ferropol Root Tabs which are like tablets (i.e. panadol type, not iPads..) and instructions say they last for 1 month. But guess what, after 2 months, they don't dissolve completely, I guess the nutrients leech out of whatever was holding the tablet together but when doing maintenance, if the remains of the tablet surfaces, its a bit of a mess again (though not as bad as Kugeln ball)

I'm going to try the Aquario Neo Tabs next :) http://www.aquario.co.kr/neoTab/neoPlantsTab.php?ckattempt=1

@erwin123 i've completely given up on root tabs. i think aquasoil and lean dosing is enough. i'm thinking about EI though...

IMG_2590.JPG

first leaves from my senegalensis. A LOT of trouble getting it converted from tc emmersed to submersed. but all the melt back and deficiencies are resolved. and the plant is rewarding me with it's beautiful colours and veins.

I'm still try to figure out how to get mine to colour up fully. :)

it is a very light hungry sp.. nitrate limitation does not seem to do much from what i've heard.

it is a very light hungry sp.. nitrate limitation does not seem to do much from what i've heard.

I also have the problem of lower leaves not doing so well - in this forum, many have said that yellowing lower leaves are caused by lack of CO2 at substrate level, even though I do see some CO2 mist going to the substrate level.

I'm moving one of my stems to the area of maximum CO2 misting to see if there is a growth difference. From what I see, the CO2 mist comes out of the Lily pipe and hits against the opposite side of the tank and is pushed down and to the side. This area, where the CO2 hits the opposite side of the tank seems to be the largest accumulation of CO2 mist before it is pushed around the rest of the tank... but lighting at the side is not as strong... so it would be interesting to see the difference.

I also have the problem of lower leaves not doing so well - in this forum, many have said that yellowing lower leaves are caused by lack of CO2 at substrate level, even though I do see some CO2 mist going to the substrate level.
this plant is prone to self shading, and doesn't like being planted too close to each other, perhaps spacing them apart would help?

new plants, eriocaulon quinquangulare, synoganthus rio negro giant, cuphea anagaloidea, bacopa salzmanii. layout is temporary i need ideas haha. many thanks to macek.g for the plants. A plus seller all arrived perfectly with extras as well.
IMG_2604.jpg

Back