• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Neocaridina Blue Dream - Feeding schedule help

A very slightly heaped 1/2 teaspoon (of the proper measuring spoon variety) every water change should do it then. Nice and easy 👍🏻
Thank you so very much, Wookii! I appreciate your help immensely. Thank you for taking time to reply my basic questions.
I'll order the Bee Shrimp GH+ as the Salty Shrimp is out of stock at Pro Shrimp. I'll buy some shrimp lollipops too ;)

Hello, well we’re now proud parents of a total of 7 Blue Dream Shrimplets 😬😬😬😬😬😬😬

We’ve ordered 3 but Shrimpland kindly sent us 4! Like my husband said, things are escalating quickly 🤭

Thanks everyone for the suggestion of dry leaves. I’ve added Mulberry leaf and they love to congregate on it! It’s wonderful that we now can see them all the time!

Expecting the Bee Salt to be delivered to add to the tank soon.

Today was the first big weekly cleaning with livestock inside! So stressful, I thought they would run and hide but some shrimps lacking common sense were actually following the syphon and one got sucked up into the tube 🤦🏻‍♀️ i use a very thin nano syphon though and quickly lifted it and the shrimp came out unhurt but offended. 🤷‍♀️

Found around 5 detritus worms, vacuumed all of them but I’m sure there’s more hidden. Are they harmless? Is there any nano fish who eats them?

Thank you!

Attachments

• A5CA3CCB-3E4A-4005-A7E6-804A96029E99.jpeg
    A5CA3CCB-3E4A-4005-A7E6-804A96029E99.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 144
  • FA332F45-508E-474F-87E9-838F87C1AB4A.jpeg
    FA332F45-508E-474F-87E9-838F87C1AB4A.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 129
Hello, well we’re now proud parents of a total of 7 Blue Dream Shrimplets 😬😬😬😬😬😬😬

We’ve ordered 3 but Shrimpland kindly sent us 4! Like my husband said, things are escalating quickly 🤭

Thanks everyone for the suggestion of dry leaves. I’ve added Mulberry leaf and they love to congregate on it! It’s wonderful that we now can see them all the time!

Expecting the Bee Salt to be delivered to add to the tank soon.

Today was the first big weekly cleaning with livestock inside! So stressful, I thought they would run and hide but some shrimps lacking common sense were actually following the syphon and one got sucked up into the tube 🤦🏻‍♀️ i use a very thin nano syphon though and quickly lifted it and the shrimp came out unhurt but offended. 🤷‍♀️

Found around 5 detritus worms, vacuumed all of them but I’m sure there’s more hidden. Are they harmless? Is there any nano fish who eats them?

Thank you!
Make sure that they are detritus worms and not Planaria. Planaria use can be very harmful to a shrimp-only tank, I currently have a Planaria trap in my shrimp tank.

Post-Script: I would be sure that you have a bunch of snails or other fauna to keep the tank cycled.
hi Driftless, thank you. we’re planing to add fishes in two weeks when we return from holidays. i hope the cycle will still be going ok until then.

I’m keeping my eyes wide open for planaria. so far i’ve only found hair-thin wiggly worms on soil and sometimes in the water column. I’ll have a look at traps.

And what about Bacter AE, all shops claim that they are indispensable, are they?
I put a tiny pinch of Bacter AE in every third day , they get a dinner pad and a mineral bite once a week and a tiny pinch of crumb food(literally one crumb each for the adults) every other day , I'm on my 2nd round of eggs and I've had them a month. I lost a couple to failed moults, hence the mineral bites and I'm now going to be alternating the bacter with shrimp baby to make sure the tinies have plenty of biofilm to munch on . I don't have masses of food tubs, i got a sample pack off a guy on ebay that got me all the basic glasgarten foods plus snow pops, pollen and a granulated food in little packets, and they're lasting ages because the shrimp need so little

That's a great schedule, thank you Jamila. I'd like to do the same sort of schedule when/if my first 7 turn into a bigger group. It's a good idea to get the sample-sized food and supplements, specially at the beginning. I've just got a tube of shrimp salt and it seen like it will last forever as I need such a tiny amount of it each time...

Got the shrimp lollipops too, it's been a hit! 😁😁

tempImageoUn0lg.jpg

One of my shrimps moulted! It was kind of it to do it on top of the log so I could find its shell this morning!
I know it must be common occurrence for most of you but it's the first time for this newbie here. So perfect intact shell, so amazing.

I've removed the lolly now, it's hard not to spoil them...

One of my shrimps moulted! It was kind of it to do it on top of the log so I could find its shell this morning!
I know it must be common occurrence for most of you but it's the first time for this newbie here. So perfect intact shell, so amazing.
I'm always happy to see a moult, it means I'm still doing something right , Best thing today has been seeing 3 tinies in the community tank that I've been waiting for since the littles emerged in my cube, I knew they'd only be a couple of days behind but them actually coming out to eat was a phew moment

I'm always happy to see a moult, it means I'm still doing something right , Best thing today has been seeing 3 tinies in the community tank that I've been waiting for since the littles emerged in my cube, I knew they'd only be a couple of days behind but them actually coming out to eat was a phew moment
It must be such special moment when you see the first baby shrimps! A relief too, I'm sure.

At least another 4 out of my 7 shrimps moulted now.
I was very worried about this one. She's the biggest and the darkest of all 7. She was showing signs of White Ring but this morning there was a huge exoesqueleto on the soil and I've found her under the Anubia! So pleased and relieved for her. If anyone ever comes across this post worried about the dreaded white ring of death, there is still hope and it's not a definite death sentence.

A1C04BCB-9AD9-400E-B203-6C86F82E4F91_1_201_a.jpeg

B60BDEF0-0D3A-48B7-9152-08146D88D497_1_201_a.jpeg

tempImager8hSo7.png

Back