• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Recommended cabinet for tank with 60 by 40 base?

Chris_Homan

I’m looking for a cabinet to hold my 90l tank (base 40 by 60 cm). It can be up to 80cm wide but it should be able to hold supplies, etc. Can anyone recommend something under £150?

Thank you!

Thanks, that‘s not a bad price and nice looking. I was expecting something from one of the tank manufacturers as I expected the weight distribution to be quite important.

I was expecting something from one of the tank manufacturers as I expected the weight distribution to be quite important.
Don't be too sure !
We have one of these AquaOne cabinets that came with the matching 40cm Aquaone tank.
The sides look robust and strong as you would expect for a big name aquarium supplier, but in fact each side is made up of two sheets of 3mm hardboard with a paper type of honeycomb center , so basically 60lts of water, sand and rock etc just suported by them !
Even before filling the tank we had to put a solid piece of timber across the rear to stop it moving sideways , as you will be well advised to with most pieces of lightweight modern funiture.

Plenty more choice for such cabinets at Ikea or Argos, but do make sure they are easy to reinforce as needed.

Attachments

• 000651.jpg
    000651.jpg
    15.1 KB · Views: 216
I actually really like the look of the Aqua One Inspire cabinets and the price is decent too. Thanks

I’m looking for a cabinet to hold my 90l tank (base 40 by 60 cm). It can be up to 80cm wide but it should be able to hold supplies, etc. Can anyone recommend something under £150?

Thank you!

There is a 60x40 cm (width x depth) IKEA METOD kitchen cabinet that is available in many different finishes and colours. There is also a 80x40 version in case you need more storage space, especially if you are planning on having CO2. You would need to buy a kitchen countertop cut to measure from IKEA or from an home improvement store. Two strips of solid wood added to the top and bottom back of cabinet are sufficient to reinforce it. The whole setup will be below your budget even if you select the most expensive finishes from IKEA.

Back