• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

New Plant Expert

Try this link zeus, it worked for me.
Just follow the email link to order.

Emails link never work straight off me me, so just copied email address and sent one - cheers m8

Hi Christel,great to see you here :)
For anyone thinking of buying her book,stop thinking and do it,it's fantastic!
Hi Miranda, nice to meet you here and thanks for your kind words.:)

Thanks!

Welcome Christel.

Book looks wonderful, added to wishlist!
Thank you very much!:)

Thank you Paul.:D

Hi @Christel

You may remember that I bought a copy of your excellent book just before Christmas. I use my initials as a User Name here on UKAPS. But, it shouldn't take you long to connect this User Name with my real name. What can I say - I'm delighted that you have joined UKAPS. You will be a great asset.

JPC :happy::thumbup:
Thank you everybody. That is a nice welcome here in the forum.

Hi all,
Welcome @Christel, it is great for the forum to have you here.

cheers Darrel
It's my pleasure.

I know you'll join me in welcoming Christel Kasselmann (@Christel) to UKAPS.
Christel is a recognised authority on aquatic plants and an enthusiastic aquarist.

Many of you will already know her as author of the superb book Aquarium Plants, a must for any plant enthusiast.
There's now a revised and greatly expanded 4th edition available. Check out Christel's website for more info :)

View attachment 162403
That is a very nice welcome here.:):):)

That book is on my wish list ;)

Welcome to UKAPS @Christel
Thanks everybody!:)

Try this link zeus, it worked for me.
Just follow the email link to order.

or send an email directly to planta@christel-kasselmann.de :D

Welcome @Christel - I’m looking forward to reading your insights on the forum.
yes, I will do

Welcome @Christel 😁 Your book looks fantastic. Just wondering if the 4th edition is available in English?
Yes, it is since April 2020. My American friends encouraged me to translate and pubish it myself. Now I am very happy that I did it independently of a publisher.

Hi!

Hi Christel, and welcome to the forum 🥳🥳🥳

I followed @Tim Harrison link and was unable to order a copy 😢, is the English version out in print ATM.
Hi, it is a self-published book, therefore you can order it only via my website or directly under planta@christel-kasselmann.de. It is simple, even after Brexit, to send the book to the UK. But now it is enough advertisement.:happy:

Welcome @Christel - I’m looking forward to reading your insights on the forum.
will do.

Awsome! Grüß dich Christel..
Grüße in Deutsch, das ist ja sehr nett. Danke!

Welcome to the forum Christel.

Well I ordered the book on the 8th Feb and it arrived today so its certainly fast shipping.
As a reference book to me with limited knowledge of aquarium plants I would imagine this book will become invaluable.

The added personal dedication to my 6yr old daughter also deflected any ear bashing from my good lady 😁

Well I ordered the book on the 8th Feb and it arrived today so its certainly fast shipping.
As a reference book to me with limited knowledge of aquarium plants I would imagine this book will become invaluable.

The added personal dedication to my 6yr old daughter also deflected any ear bashing from my good lady 😁

Good skills John, I’ll have to remember that strategy! I resorted to the slightly more childish approach of hiding my copy under the bed! 😆

Welcome and how nice to see you found your way to UKAPS. 👍 I know and did start reading books carrying your name already for so long ago that I don't even remember for how long. But since I'm part German heritage thus also a German speaker it was before the books were translated into my native language, so it kinda feels like forever.

And kinda feel honored to finally have the chance to meet you virtually in person.

Mir bleibt nur Danke zu sagen... :)

Hi Christel,
I would highly recommend her book to any one- it is the best book I have read about aquarium plants.
You will be a great asset
Yes, her techniques are different to many popular techniques on here, like loam and gravel rather than aquasoil. We can learn a different way to keep aquatic plants.

That would be an old edition.

Not necessarily :) believe it or not, there are people buying it and then decide to sell it again for whatever odd reasons.
We have an enormous book store specialized in 2nd hand copies, they have about 9 settlements divided over Belgium and the Netherlands. And they seem to have had a 2nd hand copy of this book in-store lately. But already sold again as stated.

They also sell books in German and English language as well, if you ever are in search of something sold out on the regular market. It's a chance they still might have a copy of it hidden in dust somewhere. Or you can subscribe to a mailing list to receive a notification on future availability. :)

Unfortunately, they do not have an international website.

Not necessarily :) believe it or not, there are people buying it and then decide to sell it again for whatever odd reasons.
We have an enormous book store specialized in 2nd hand copies, they have about 9 settlements divided over Belgium and the Netherlands. And they seem to have had a 2nd hand copy of this book in-store lately. But already sold again as stated.

They also sell books in German and English language as well, if you ever are in search of something sold out on the regular market. It's a chance they still might have a copy of it hidden in dust somewhere. Or you can subscribe to a mailing list to receive a notification on future availability. :)

Unfortunately, they do not have an international website.
My mistake, sorry. Thank you for the link to this website.

Welcome @Christel, glad to gave you on the forum!

Yes, was looking for it a month or so back but the only copy I could find was a really expensive second hander.:confused:
Hi, don't buy the wrong book - not the old English edition of 2003 (a translation from the German edition 1995) from Krieger with a very bad print. I don't believe that you get the new English edition from 2020 as a second hand book.

Back