• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Shattered Tree Mk II

So far I have received the H Vesuvius, Buce Catherine mini, Buce mini Black Carpet and Buce Red Mini. The latter were all "in vitro" pots, but not Tropica, and these are all now in the tank so I thought I would try and take some close ups.

Firstly for fans of Louis the greyhound who used to "pretend" to be camera shy yet would end up in nearly every shot................meet Pearl the Jack Russell (with a tail) puppy. She is 5 months old and not at all camera shy although she bounces around all over the place in order to outfox a camera's focusing ability:
IMG_0003.JPG

IMG_0006.JPG

And on to the plants. Quite impressed with them really. TBH I wasn't really aware just how small some of these Buce leaves are but they are pretty little things. There are several little pebbles of each of the 3 variants spread across the foreground so not just 1 of each.

First off is "Catherine mini." These leaves are 1.5 to 2.5cm long. Pictures of all these Buces are pretty much the colour seen by the naked eye (on my screen.) Focus isn't ideal because the autofocus tends not to ignore the glass, so I have to judge how far behind the glass the plant is, click the autofocus, and then move forward that little distance.
IMG_0001.JPG

IMG_0008.JPG

Next is the "Black carpet mini." These are quite compact and messy. Leaves are about 1cm long. Not sure if they will spread out as they grow but they are all like this at the moment:
IMG_0009.JPG

And finally the "Red mini." This plant is quite an upright variant so not sure if it will spread that much width wise to be a carpet. Very pretty though. Leaves are about half a cm long:
IMG_0010.JPG

IMG_0011.JPG

Last edited:
Another revised plan because I ended up buying a few more Buces after the previous one. Will try and take some photos later on. These plans are as much for me to remember which is which as anything. Can't promise this will be the final plan although I will wait to see how these grow:

1 - Cryptocoryne Balansae
2 - Cryptocoryne (Green) Wendtii / Willisii / Undulata / Walkeri
3 - Cryptocoryne (Brown) Wendtii / Becketti Petchii
4 - Cryptocoryne Wendtii Tropica
5 - Staurogyne Repens
6 - Bucephalandra Mini Black Carpet
7 - Cryptocoryne Parva
8 - Microsorum Pteropus sp. Needle/Narrow (Mixed)
9 - Anubias Barteri v Nana
10 - Bucephalandra Kedagang Mini
11 - Bucephalandra Biblis
12 - Bucephalandra Godzilla (Kedagang Red)
13 - Bucephalandra Super Blue Central Kalamantan
14 - Bucephalandra Red Mini
15 - Bucephalandra Catherine
16 - Helianthimum Vesuvius
17 - Bucephalandra Theia Dark
18 - Bucephalandra Lo Black
19 - Bucephalandra Alamanda VI Blue

new plan.jpg

Last edited:
OK, All Buces are in. Some already showing some melt. Worst melt is the Mini Black Carpet where several of the stones have completely melted. Time will tell if they will recover. Some Stones are doing better than others. Photo overload here but just the new ones, not the ones I previously posted up.

First 3 photos. At the front we have 2 that look similar with long thin wavy leaves. They are different colours though. On the left is Godzilla Kedagang Red and on the right is Alamanda VI Blue. Then the plant behind them with rounder leaves is Lo Black. Behind that to the right (with the holes in 1 leaf) and at the back are 2 x Super Blue Central Kalimantan:
IMG_0001.JPG

IMG_0002.JPG

IMG_0003.JPG

Then in the centre we have a really pretty one that is showing blue tints on some leaves. This is (apparently) Theia Dark:
IMG_0004.JPG

Hard to get shots of the final one which is Biblis. It is cable tied onto the trunk section of my wood and my autofocus struggles to get it because it is quite small:
IMG_0005.JPG

IMG_0006.JPG

Finally I couldn't wait for the Erythromicron when I saw them pop up on ebay so I got 25 of them. Still tiny at the moment. Timid as I remember them before although they do come out if you stay still. At the moment there are 4 very highly coloured males that seem to have decided on areas of the tank and they spend their time chasing anyone else out of their "patch."

First picture has one Biblis cable tied on the right here:
IMG_0011.JPG

This guy is probably the most coloured of any so far:
IMG_0012.JPG

And a couple of (blurred) fish in the same shot:
IMG_0013.JPG

Bottom right of the picture you can see the blue tint to the Theia Dark. Bottom left is the Catherine:
IMG_0014.JPG

Buce is looking good :thumbup: where did you get the red mini if you don't mind me asking?

Buce is looking good :thumbup: where did you get the red mini if you don't mind me asking?
Not sure if I am allowed to say as not sure they are a sponsor but most of the Buces came from one seller on ebay.

Not sure if I am allowed to say as not sure they are a sponsor but most of the Buces came from one seller on ebay.
There are no rules against mentioning where you purchase stuff from, just as long you don't work for them ;)

Back