• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

General advice please.

sh4d0w

Morning Guys and Girls,

I still need to write up my journal of how i got to this point from a tank out of the box.

For now, I Need some help and advice please.
I Was about to buy the Fluval Plant 3.0 to allow me to set sunrise and moon on my tank AND to provide some more light to the lower depths of my tank - my tank is 600 deep and in actual fact, i am not even sure the Fluval will give me much more PAR at the carpet. Currently using 2 Eheim PowerLED+ (plant and daylight) that came with my Eheim incpiria tank a few months back. I was advised on here that i might not have enough light for my plants at the lower depths, my "grass" doesn't seem to do much and the red leaves appear damaged.

Lights running 8 hours a day. - Might change this to 6 depending on the feedback i get.
CO2 an hour before on and off, JBL Kit using a FE @ 2ISH BPS, JBL inline Diffuser located after my inline Heater.
26 Celsius.
ONE Eheim Pro 4+ 600 with BioHome Ultimate.
Dosing EI Method - manually. Mon/Wed/Fri Macro - Tue/Thurs/Sat Micro
I have a TMC Vectron UV that has never been taken out of the box - should i bother wiring and plumbing my UV?

Question is this, i have £200 i HAVE to spend on Amazon today. - i can put more to this if needed
Should i buy the Fluval light to help?
Should i buy the Eheim LED Controller to allow the same features (Minus the additional LED/PAR)?
Should i buy another Eheim LED?
Should i buy a second filter? Either another Pro 4 OR an Oase - Sick of the priming of the Eheim.
Should i get a Doser?
Should i not get anything fishy?

I keep thinking about hard tubing my setup and spending some time making the tank OCD! lol. cant get that off Amazon though.

Ill add some pics here for your pleasure,

Attachments

• IMG_6056.jpg
    IMG_6056.jpg
    701.1 KB · Views: 175
  • IMG_5397.jpg
    IMG_5397.jpg
    881.3 KB · Views: 128
  • IMG_5711.jpg
    IMG_5711.jpg
    558.1 KB · Views: 138
  • IMG_7222.jpg
    IMG_7222.jpg
    845.7 KB · Views: 135
  • GPAB8330.JPG
    GPAB8330.JPG
    843.2 KB · Views: 117
  • IMG_7798.jpg
    IMG_7798.jpg
    828.6 KB · Views: 127
  • IMG_7796.jpg
    IMG_7796.jpg
    848.2 KB · Views: 126
  • IMG_7795.jpg
    IMG_7795.jpg
    390.9 KB · Views: 130
  • IMG_7880.jpg
    IMG_7880.jpg
    520.6 KB · Views: 136
  • IMG_7882.jpg
    IMG_7882.jpg
    309 KB · Views: 136
  • IMG_7886.jpg
    IMG_7886.jpg
    968.2 KB · Views: 125
To add,
I have changed my filter return spary bar to point downwards rather than to the surface incase my carpet issue is due to lack of CO2 and i have directed my powerhead at the surface for agitation, i do have a surface skimmer too.

Do i even need surface movement with the skimmer and CO2/Plants for O2 production

Hi, a lot going on here!

Personally I think the growth and health of the tank looks good from the pics.

The slow growth of the carpet may be due more to the overshadowing by the stem plants.

Leaf damage is probably more likely to be co2 related than light.

Surface agitation generally not something you want while co2 is on, but good when it is off.

I wouldn't bother with UV. Not widely used, and I guess that's for a reason.

Sorry I can't help you with your £200...

K

Hi all,
Personally I think the growth and health of the tank looks good from the pics.
It has grown in really well, so I probably wouldn't change any of the kit on the grounds of "if it ain't broke don't fix it".
Should i not get anything fishy?
It is not exactly fishy, but I would start to swap out some of the stem plants and replace them with <"slower growing Aroids, rosette plants and ferns">. The only reason is that you can keep a high plant mass, but with a lot less maintenance.

I'm a Cryptocoryne fan as well, and there are species for all water conditions, so you could either let your grow to cover a larger area and/or replace some of the taller stems with <"C. crispatula "Balansae"> etc.

cheers Darrel

Back