• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Taking a sump. Back in five minutes...

Meh @Jayefc1 .... Will just do a night mission to @Siege ’s fortress where we all know he has mountains of the stuff stashed away :lol:

upload_2020-4-17_21-17-47.jpeg

Sympathies on the job front buddy. Same this end here but like you, time with the kids is priceless.

Haha!

I’ve got a spare 1.5kg for my 900 and that’s it! When the 600 runs out it’ll go without.

ADA dog has had his eyesight fixed by a massive steroid dose. Plus side is he can now see you burglar types, downside is he is fat as anything so slower! :lol:

“What you doing this evening?”

“Oh, just a light trim on the 600...”

A few beers on and a peruse of a copy of The Art Of Nature Aquarium... it appears a rescape is happening 😂

Last edited:
You’ll have to forgive the haze, just put the sand in but water was gin clear before that so a good sign.

Few foreground details left to sort on each tank but nothing major. Both scapes finally up and running, hurrah! :)

1590315495990.jpeg

1590315523552.jpeg

1590315552404.jpeg

1590315584171.jpeg

Stunning tanks , is the larger one on the right a 900 as looks huge ?, love the new 600 layout.

Just looked again must be 1200

Dean

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

Last edited:
That 1200 is stunning, i am thinking about a 900 at the minute just still doing a bit research on filter to use and trying to find more pics of 900s and measuring up etc.

Dean

The two display 900’s in Aquarium Gardens run on Oase Biomaster 600 thermo’s @Deano3 . You can go Eheim Pro 4+ 350T for similar pricing. The Pro 4 600 would be better suited but won’t be a thermo.

I find the Eheim Pro3e 600T the best filter I’ve purchased but it’s a pricey option. The prime button is a PITA though, nothing’s perfect.

Economy wise the Oase 600T works well if you clean the prefilter regularly and keep media to a minimum.

Or.....

Take the plunge and try a sump.

Last edited:
Thanks @Steve Buce

Will be pulling the proverbial finger out with the trimming these coming months to create something special. Lost enthusiasm recently, but like always with aquascaping a revival is not far down the road.

Thanks @Steve Buce

Will be pulling the proverbial finger out with the trimming these coming months to create something special. Lost enthusiasm recently, but like always with aquascaping a revival is not far down the road.
Yeah it happens mate ,think i will end up going with the oase 600 and if needed i could get a small power head or something.

Are you cabinets the concrete grey ? And are you happy with them ?

Dean

Yep, concrete grey.

The 1200 is the new metal frame design, the 600 the original.
Thats what colour i am going to go for rather than the gloss white, are you happy woth the cabinets any idea if the 900 has partition inside ?

Dean

Concrete grey goes with most things so if you redecorate it’s less of an issue @Deano3

are you happy woth the cabinets

At the price bracket the Aquascaper cabinets come in at they fit the bill. Could they be better, yes. But to do that you would be doubling the price and seeking custom.

any idea if the 900 has partition inside ?

Haven’t actually seen the 900 with metal frame yet but see below:

On the 1200 the frame only supports the perimeter of the base glass, the centre is floating. That partition on the left is just a board that slides out, it has no structural purpose. This makes the usable space within the cabinet very welcome with nothing in the way.

However, you would be forgiven for having brown trousers at the site of no central support at the front. Material choice will allow them to design it this way maximising internal space, I assume the 900 will be the same design being shorter in length than the 1200.

Last edited:
Concrete grey goes with most things so if you redecorate it’s less of an issue @Deano3

At the price bracket the Aquascaper cabinets come in at they fit the bill. Could they be better, yes. But to do that you would be doubling the price and seeking custom.

Haven’t actually seen the 900 with metal frame yet but see below:

View attachment 149270

On the 1200 the frame only supports the perimeter of the base glass, the centre is floating. That partition on the left is just a board that slides out, it has no structural purpose. This makes the usable space within the cabinet very welcome with nothing in the way.

However, you would be forgiven for having brown trousers at the site of no central support at the front. Material choice will allow them to design it this way maximising internal space, I assume the 900 will be the same design being shorter in length than the 1200.
Thanks so much for that mate really helpful as you say you cant go wrong with the price for tank and cabinet, my living room is already grey so should go nicely.

But that has defently made up my mind a AS900 concrete grey it is.

Much appreciated thanks for the pic and very tidy cabinet mate
Dean

Sent from my SM-T510 using Tapatalk

Back