• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Killi fish and Pacific blue eyes

Has anyone seen any Killifish and Pacific blue eyes for sale in the Midlands. Checked a few LFS with no luck, I even asked about ordering them in but the supplier that has them is expensive so they rarely order from them. I've seen killi fish eggs for sale but worry about ending up with 20 or buying cress seeds...

Have you tried TA aquaculture in Quinton Birmingham? I would expect him to have some killifish available.
There's also an auction organised by Tim on 1st December.
Prices depend on what species you are looking for :)
Cheers
John
If you are interested in a blue eye killifish I have Normanii lampeyes and could send some eggs.

Last edited:
Hi all,
I've seen killi fish eggs for sale but worry about ending up with 20 or buying cress seeds...
There are some reputable sellers of eggs. Try "Hypsolebias" on Ebay
Have you tried TA aquaculture in Quinton Birmingham?
I'd try Tim as well, he has a facebook page "TA Aquaculture UK" as well as the TA Aquaculture web site.
I have Normanii lampeyes and could send some eggs.
I kept <"these for a while">, they are nice fish and good dithers. I couldn't find any-one selling them when I looked recently.

cheers Darrel

I have them in a few tanks and as you have found they do keep increasing but it depends on how much predation there is and how much cover for the fry to hide.
If you want some eggs send me a pm.
Cheers
John

tried TA aquaculture in Quinton Birmingham? I would expect him to have some killifish available.
There's also an auction organised by Tim on 1st December.

The auction looks very interesting, well worth a visit.
http://taaquaculture.uk/Midland_Auction/Birmingham_December_2019.htm be interesting to see what for sale. Lots of guppies I imagine. Shame they don't also sell aquarium plants

want some eggs send me a pm

Thank you John for the offer, they might look too similar to the female Pacific blue eyes . The shop I saw them in only had male Aphyosemion australe, the lyretail panchax very pretty fish..

I need to do some more research, I'm in no rush.

Unfortunately killifish are rarely seen in the lfs. They have a reputation for being short lived and difficult to keep.
There are so many species that it's difficult to put them into a single niche.
Most killifish keepers will have them in separate species tanks so the offspring can be traced back to an original line or collection point.
As well as having a number (large) of individual species tanks I have a 350l house tank with some pairs and some males or females of a number of different killifish of mainly Aphyosemion species along with poropanchax Normanii . These work with the two species of corys and odd Emperor tetras to give a very active environment with anything that can find a mate producing eggs which sometimes make it through to maturity. Mind you, my tank is very overgrown so there are many places to hide.
It depends what you want to do with the tank, do you just want to have a few killifish alongside other species for decoration? Would you just want males for display or breeding pairs to keep the line going .
If you have any questions about killifish let me know either here or by pm. If i can help in any way,
Cheers
John

Back