• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

notmysign's Iwagumi - NA 91L

notmysign

IMG_8570.JPG

I thought i should start a journal of my aquascaping journey in the art of the planted tank.
It has been a long wait for all equipment to arrive, but last friday i had everything to start.

I did not put to much effort in the hardscape. My thoughts of learning to handle a planted tank comes first.

Over these 5 days i have my dropchecker to yellow when light turns off. And green when light is turned on.
Im dosing 5ml/day of both ferts.

I will try update this journal as much as i can.
If you have any questions, feel free to ask.

Specs
  • NA World Aquarium 91L 60x40x40cm
  • Aqualantis Fusion 60 40mm Stand
  • Micmol G2 Aqua Air Series
  • Eheim Frofessional 4+ 600 2275
  • Lilypipes from Aqua Rebel
  • 5 kg remade fire extinguisher without mudder
  • Oxyturbo dual guage regulator with solenoid valve
  • JBL Direct Inline 16/22
  • Chihiros Doctor 3 in 1
Hardscape
  • Tropica soil 9L
  • Tropica soil Powder 9L
  • Ryuoh Stone
Plants
  • Micranthemum Monte Carlo
  • Pogostemon helferi
  • Rotala Vietnam H ra
  • Hydrocotyle verticillata
  • Eleocharis acicularis Mini
Ferts
  • Green Aqua Micro
  • Green Aqua Macro
Fauna
  • Boraras brigittae
  • Otocinclus affinis
  • Amano shrimp
  • Cherry shrimp
Day 2
IMG_1282.JPG

View from dining table (I will put frames higher)
IMG_1300.jpg

Day 37
A little summary from start:
Week 1
No troubles

Week 2
no troubles but turned my light down to 80%

Week 3
Holiday in Cyprus, I let my dad Do the dosing, also turned my light to 70% in fear of algae

Week 4
Came home from Cyprus only to find diatoms had overtaken plants, not completely but I was scratching my head a bit.
Also found my timer for co2 had gotten out of sync with my light. I don’t know how that happen but have switched to a smart plug that is integrated with my home security alarm :)
First inhabitants to move in which consist of 5 amano, 2 jumped out the first night :(

Week 5
Got 19 ember tetra
Also ordered 6 otocinclus microspilus and 20 cherry shrimps

Week 6
Diatoms are starting to disappear I think, I decided rotala didn’t suit my scape and ripped it out. Monte Carlo is taking its place instead
Otos are really doing a great job.

5F0B5CD4-022C-4E82-B283-0804B116481D.jpeg

Nice I like the hydrocotyle detail, really increases the natural feel. Have you found the Twinstar helps with algae? T

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nice I like the hydrocotyle detail, really increases the natural feel. Have you found the Twinstar helps with algae? T

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks! It grows like crazy to!
I can't really tell, this is my first high-tech aquarium. Have to do an attempt without using it to tell a difference.

I'm also looking into adding some plants if you guys could help me out with what plants to maybe add and where.

Love the scape! An amazing first try!

For plant suggestions:

Hygrophila Pinnatifida
Rotala Wallichii
Maybe some Bucephalandra's?

Keep up the good work matey:)

Love the scape! An amazing first try!

For plant suggestions:

Hygrophila Pinnatifida
Rotala Wallichii
Maybe some Bucephalandra's?

Keep up the good work matey:)
Thanks for everything!

Im planning on buying the new Chihiros Vivid RGB when it becomes available and then i think i will rescape my tank.
Since this is my first attempt i feel like i want to move on to a new scape with like a corner island composition

Thanks for everything!

Im planning on buying the new Chihiros Vivid RGB when it becomes available and then i think i will rescape my tank.
Since this is my first attempt i feel like i want to move on to a new scape with like a corner island composition

Can’t wait to see it mate. :D

Back