• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Original UP New Inline CO2 Atomizer Diffuser System Available now on CO2Art!

Hello,

Unfortunately due to production issues this projects is slightly delayed.
I can't give any dates, but I really hope to have it soon.
I'll keep you posted.

It's been a while. Any new on the SS atomizers? Thanks.

Tamas

yes my replacement plastic/ acrylic one with hardened end caps also leaked. I really need the SS one also... :)

Did you have a serious water damage or the leak was not so serious? It was a leak because the plastic cracked, or just the hose was not properly installed?

just gas escaped. bubbles with washing up liquid on the outside thread casing near the joint. Was using a lot of co2 for very little change in the aquarium. No major water leaks. just gas loss.

I'm just afraid the plastic won't hold. I have the working pressure on 3 bar..

get the seal one it works just as good but is a pain to clean as you need to soak the whole thing in bleach not just the ceramic stone. Means you need 2 in the long run. I have the UP one with a few spare ceramics so cleaning was easy the fixed one makes it harder but at least it never leaks.

Did yours creak when you tightened it? Can you see visible cracks in the body part? If not just try it and observe it for an hour see how it goes. Can you not reducr the pressure any with your regulator?

No creaks or visible cracks. I can reduce the pressure, the manual states that the working pressure needs to be around 3 bar.

Ahhh I forgot that the working pressure is 3 bar. Well set it up paint some washing up liquid on the outside seals and start it off. If it leaks you will get bubbles. If not you should be good to go. But observe for a while and then to make sure ;)

You don't need 3 Bar to make it work.
I have mine working with just 1.5 Bar with no problem.
3 bar will crack the diffuser housing.
I've been a beta tester of this for co2art.

Enviado do meu SM-G930F através de Tapatalk

On co2art they mention 40 psi. Maybe the stronger design can handle this, but I'll reduce the pressure.

Sent from my LG-D802 using Tapatalk

Yes they say 40 psi that is about 2.5 bar but it's too much pressure for the plastic housing to handle...
Try 1.5 Bar.
Should be fine...

Enviado do meu SM-G930F através de Tapatalk

It works with 1.9 bar, if I reduce it to 1.5 the bubble counter shows down significantly.

Well, I tried, either way the ceramic won't let co2 through under a certain a pressure. The min pressure needed remains the same.

I bought a full co2 set back in october 2016. I had to take the tank and co2 system down a few weeks ago. And broke the co2 hose nipple, despite being careful. Reading through this thread I'm a bit amazed that the claim is this problem should be solved, before I even bought my set. Did I just get one of the 'old' housings, or is this still very much an issue with these diffusers?

The co2 nipple will break of the "new" design also, what you can do is attached a brass "extender" from co2art to the thread the co2 tube attaches to (when the nipple has broken off) and bobs your uncle your back in action! Personally I have never had them leak on me.

The co2 nipple will break of the "new" design also, what you can do is attached a brass "extender" from co2art to the thread the co2 tube attaches to (when the nipple has broken off) and bobs your uncle your back in action! Personally I have never had them leak on me.

I've been in contact with CO2Art support, and been offered either a new-new UP Inline diffuser if willing to wait 1-2 weeks or a brass extender. I should of course have contacted them sooner, since I'm aiming at getting the tank up and running again very shortly. It would be nice to have some sort of version history on these diffusers, ie. is the new-new version I have been offered another version than the one named new in this thread; which probably was the one I got with my set? I might just go with the extender....

Anyway, to end on a positive note: CO2Art seems to have some pretty good support.

Back