• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Resolved! Dropbox photo links ending in March 2017

Chris Jackson

Hi All,

I have a few journals on here with the vast majority of photos therein linked from my Dropbox Public folder. I had an email for Dropbox yesterday telling me that my Public folder will cease to be as of March 2017 and that all these links to photos will fail. Ummmm

Now I like to think that much of what I've shared on here could be useful and helpful to others and I'd very much like my photos to continue to show however moving all these images elsewhere and then editing and re-linking each post is a massive undertaking that, well, just isn't going to happen...

I imagine that this Dropbox change could impact a lot of the content on this forum and I wonder if anyone has any clever solutions?

Thanks
Chris

Hi Chris, periodically I run a script that converts attached images from external sources to resources hosted on UKAPS, can you please check some of your older photos, I have run it last about a month ago and see if the photos are UKAPS attachments or still Dropbox? You might find that the older ones are on UKAPS now and will not be removed.

Just right click on image and open image in a new tab and you should see the URL of the image: "https://www.ukaps.org/forum/attachments/imagename-jpg.123456/"

I have done this to prevent things like this happening going forward, as we were losing lots of images from older journals.

Brilliant Paulo! From what I can see all is well and I'm now uploading my new images direct to the UKAPS site.
Thanks for checking, one of the many things that happens in the background ;)

Back