• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Which RO unit? Urgent help please!

Need some help!

I'd bought RO in from my lfs, but having had a tds pen arrive today I'm measuring it in the containers between 230-280!!

I've put quite a few shrimp in now so want to sort this before they die. Only option I can see is to buy myself a filter.

If I change 50% a week then I need 40 litres, so can get away with a small unit.
The question is what do I need to buy?

Seems I'm looking at £100-150?

Take it back and ask for your money back. take your tds pen to prove it. I used to get water from the tap with lower tds than that.
I'm going to phone them first thing tomorrow! Despite it being free refills, I still paid £10 a go for the 25 litre containers!

Will read up on those links now.

I know! I'm pretty annoyed by this and will voice that tomorrow. I guess it's one of a few things...
- Full on piss take and sold me tap water
- Their RO unit is screwed
- The containers were dirty/contaminated?

Andy, could you check how tall your unit is? I'm looking at the 36 gal version. but size seems much the same. The site doesn't list dimensions though.

Spoke with the shop who have offered more today. They will stay open late to help too.
Said its measuring 6 today!

remember to order your plumbing fittings as well for best output ratio.

You'll want a 1/2" T-Piece with a ball valve to put into existing cold water mains (might be copper pipe or plastic so get the right t-piece), and you'll want get the RO fittings and probably some RO taps to shut the unit tight, you'll need 3-4 ish.

remember to order your plumbing fittings as well for best output ratio.

You'll want a 1/2" T-Piece with a ball valve to put into existing cold water mains (might be copper pipe or plastic so get the right t-piece), and you'll want get the RO fittings and probably some RO taps to shut the unit tight, you'll need 3-4 ish.

Thanks, I'd assumed the kit it came with would be sufficient? Are the pierce fittings a bad idea then?

I'll take a look at the pipework under the sink tonight and try to work out what I need.

Reading on the Osmotics site, it seems like the washing machine feed Y adapter might be the easiest for me. The Cupboard I want to use is next to the washing machine so would be ideal?

Y adapter: http://www.osmotics.co.uk/products/Washing-Machine-Y%2dPiece-3{47}4"-BSP.html
Thread adapter to RO pipework: http://www.osmotics.co.uk/products/John-Guest-3{47}4"-BSP-Tap-Connector-for-1{47}4"-Tube.html
Inline ball valve for RO unit pipework (in case I need to move it?) http://www.osmotics.co.uk/products/Inline-Ball-Valve-1{47}4".html

Thoughts?

Just your opinion on ease of installation and use. I've ordered the osmotics one also and I tend to make it portable like the video shows.

What salts do you add to your water? I've ordered some salty shrimp personally.

I've tap water in my tank already, how would I add Ro water over a time so it's 100% RO.
Cheers

Back