• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mate, absolutely love this tank. You've inspired me to start one too! :D

Posted this on my Facebook page and someone asked: "shouldn't the Calatheas be kept moderately dry?"
Also, which plants are you using in the foreground?

Cheers,
Gilles

Holy smoke! I just had a look at the photos on page 12 compared to your first page and amazed at how great it looks now! A really good job and awesome feature in your house!

Posted this on my Facebook page and someone asked: "shouldn't the Calatheas be kept moderately dry?"

Cheers,
Gilles

Those Calatheas were originally in my tank, and then in Alastair's, and I can confirm that they absolutely love having their feet in water (no soil remember, just in hydroton or bare rooted).

Cheers,
Gilles

Thanks Gilles, like Tom said the calathea definitely prefer getting there feet wet so to speak, they grew rediculously fast. now they are in soil in plant pots its like watching paint dry :lol:
The plants in the foreground are cryptocoryne wendti green and nevelli and echinodorus tennellus

Holy smoke! I just had a look at the photos on page 12 compared to your first page and amazed at how great it looks now! A really good job and awesome feature in your house!

Thanks mate, it was really nice to look at and got lots of comments when sat around eating dinner. Was a shame to take it down

Hey Al,

I know you have another project on the go and are probably very busy but is there any chance of getting the missing pictures added again (if you have them and as tedious as that may be).

I find that this thread and Tom's Bucket 'O Mud are referenced regularly enough on here and PFK that it would be nice for it to be complete. :)

Hey Al,

I know you have another project on the go and are probably very busy but is there any chance of getting the missing pictures added again (if you have them and as tedious as that may be).

I find that this thread and Tom's Bucket 'O Mud are referenced regularly enough on here and PFK that it would be nice for it to be complete. :)

Hi Andy

Yes sure I certainly can do. I'll get onto it tomorrow and get racking my brain to which photos are which.

Speaking of which, I need to put this tank up on here for another free giveaway with cabinet included.

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk 2

Hi Andy

Yes sure I certainly can do. I'll get onto it tomorrow and get racking my brain to which photos are which.

Speaking of which, I need to put this tank up on here for another free giveaway with cabinet included.

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk 2

Thanks Al,

Many people (myself included) will be very grateful!

The tank giveaway is another very generous offer (as always). What happened to the TMC one you gave away? Was there a blog made for it by the recipient? (I cannot recall right now who got it).

When are we getting a journal of the new system? Inquiring (Enquiring?) minds want to know...

When are we getting a journal of the new system? Inquiring (Enquiring?) minds want to know...
Hey there Phil, hope your well :)
The big tank arrives in two days so will start a fresh journal for that as soon as it's in mate.
I think he's on about the tank that is on order but not delivered yet
Thanks ;)
I thought he may have been but I thought I would link to that one just in case.

We are all waiting for 'the big one'!
Thanks for the help Andy. Kind of you as always

The thing is, this is not the "Big tank", its just an interim big tank.

Lol thanks sanj. Your right on that one. Hoping for the 7000 litre tank to be ready this time next year.

Lol thanks sanj. Your right on that one. Hoping for the 7000 litre tank to be ready this time next year.

So does this mean you will never move house again? I dont even dream about a 7,000 l, maybe 3,000l, but there is a point where maintenance could just be too much of a pain. I imagine that is going to be more than 75cm deep no? :p

Glass or acrylic and a second mortgage?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back