• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Decisions Decisions on upgrade

Alastair

What are peoples thoughts on the below 2 phones for my upgrade this month.

Sony xperia z2 vs Samsung galaxy s5.

http://www.sonymobile.com/gb/products/phones/xperia-z2/?gclid=CKe96cGLgL0CFagBwwodAF8ARQ

http://www.samsung.com/global/microsite/galaxys5/mobile/features.html

Im seriously swaying to the sony as it looks stunning has fantastic camera, the slr lense add on is a fantastic option and I can also take underwater videos and photos to name but a few.
Had I phones up until I got the 5s which I hated so went to the s3 lte then currently the s4.
I was eagerly awaiting the announcement of the s5 at mobile world congress but if im honest felt disappointed.
Hardly looks any different and only a couple of minor tweaks. The only real attraction is the gear 2 watch for it as it has so many more features than the sony 2 watch.
Other than that im swaying to the xperia.

What would everyone else choose. And no jumping in with iPhone comments ha ha

Also I believe a new htc one will be announced on the 25th of this month. ..

is the sony as massive as that old one you used to lug around ;)
Lmao Ermm yeah think so mate. Bit thinner though. Less girth stu :)

(See I knew an apple fan would have to have a dig)

What's more scary is the fact I can remember you selling your update 2 years ago!
Flies by doesn't it!

Too fast mate. I cant believe that now youve mentioned it.

4K video looks great.. not sure where you would watch it though other than on your phone. Sony vs Samsung in the Kudos stakes though... Sony everytime!

Hello Alastiar,

from those two I will definetly pick the sony one. Samsung do this for while now that they release new phone which has only few minor upgrades to dish some money out. Please do not buy IPhone. Not worth the money....
However as I am using HTC xxx for more then 9 years and never disappoint I will wait for the new HTC.

Vaz

4K video looks great.. not sure where you would watch it though other than on your phone. Sony vs Samsung in the Kudos stakes though... Sony everytime!
the sony definitely has the better looks. Plus the samsung looks hardly any different to my s4. I dont think id be happy after a month of it. Grrr. Thats what happened with my iPhone. Plus iphones are just too easy to use and nothing to them.
Although. .......if the iPhone 6 id a totally different phone ill then buy it.
Hello Alastiar,

from those two I will definetly pick the sony one. Samsung do this for while now that they release new phone which has only few minor upgrades to dish some money out. Please do not buy IPhone. Not worth the money....
However as I am using HTC xxx for more then 9 years and never disappoint I will wait for the new HTC.

Vaz

Hi vaz. Yep definitely agree im going to go for the sony z2. It has a really nice look to it. The shape everything screams quality and sony have good cameras. Plus ill genuinely be getting a NEW phone rather than a slightly tweaked phone.

Funny you mention htc. one of the best phones I had was the htc desire. Brilliant phone.
I could get the sony z2 on 22 march or wait until the 25th march to find out what the htc m8 will be. Hmmmm

Last edited:

Apple = simple
Going into hiding now :oops:

Ha ha. Only joking. I just got bored with the limitations and the lack of any big change in design.

just dont like how apple basically control what their users can do. They limit there phones then release another model similar but with maybe an extta feature so people then buy that and the same again and again.
However I do think the iPhone 6 will be something special. Its got to be.

I loved my htc sensation xe but couldn't get one as good on my upgrade/contract end but was offered the samsung s4 for free so that decided it. I have such a good contract I didn't want to lose it to stay with htc but would have stuck with htc if I could. They are just so solidly made. My samsung is just featherlight plastic. It is now in a huge otterbox to stop it from being snapped in 2.

Go with the one you like the look of most, cause the software is basically the same, also look at how it operates with other devices around the house, TV's, bluetooth speakers, etc....

Apple are best suited for the female gender, if you are feeling a little feminine like some of the guys that have already replied to the post then you are best off with an iPhone!

I have the sony z mate, great phone I want that one ^^ now:( good for music too. I've not braved putting it in the tank to take a pic yet. Don't go for the sony based on its water proof claim as when it's on charge on the kitchen work top it's most likely to get wet as when the bung for the charger is removed it ain't water proof.:mad:

One of the lads at work has a sony z and its as water proof as it says on the tin. He showed me some vids he took while swimming, very good quality too.

The iPhone 6 looks amaze.
Just a concept made up by some fanboy ;) they will probably just add another row of icons and it will amaze the fans! ;)

Back