• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

hello all

dan4x4

Hi

Im dan, new to forum just want to introduce myself, I live in the north east, I have a few years experience but im no way a pro. Joined the forum to talk to other members interested in the hobby as I don't know anyone else interested in it!

I have other interests which include my car and im a dog person lol!

Recently moved in with girlfriend so money is kind of tight at the moment so temporarily retiring from the car interest as its extorionate, recently got rid of my pride n joy a Mitsubishi Shogun and replaced it with a fiat sedici!

I recently brought my tank over with is about 50 litres ill try and post some pics up. I have a male betta, a ghost shrimp and a few snails (came in with a Echinodorus amazon sword) from pets at home. Don't seem to be a problem. Ill do a separate post bout my tank!

033.jpg

Heres a pic of him, hes named Bongo : )

Recently started to loose a bit of colour on his body. I have no idea why, he still eats well. Its like hes stressed but I have no idea why, hes always been lazy though just chilling, I think sometimes current in the tank might be doing it. When I reduce it though algae seems to creep in over time.

045.jpg

I've got two males in a partitioned tank... one of them (a blue HM butterfly called Shalke) is (and always has been) a total lazy bugger... where as the other male (a red crown tail called Rufus) has always been really active... I'm not sure if it's due to the selective breeding to create the butterflies etc but they are total opposites.

Yeah, youre probablies right on that one. I recently trimmed the Limnophila back, he loves just chilling in it when its really bushy!

also I let my boy buy him an ornament for the tank to get him interested and he choose the spongebob house, I thought hes never going to go in there but he does from time to time.

Bettas are definatley my favourite fish to keep. he always swims to the glass when im in. what food do you give yours? Mine gets dry flake food twice a day, Then every few months he gets a little bit of frozen daphnia. I would love to give him some live stuff but a lot of people say itll mess up chemistry in the tank online. Don't know any local aquarium stores locally to source them from either.

I wasn't going to say anything about the sponge bob house... ;) mine have little slate caves that they sometimes hide in.

I feed mine Atison's Betta Pro or Hikari Betta Bio Gold depending on how flush I'm feeling when I need to buy more. Every now and then they might get 1 or 2 individual blood worm (when I've defrosted some for my big tank) or a couple of live daphnia which is rare... My LFS's don't stock live foods but every now and then I'll go further afield to a MA etc and get some.

the brand of betta food I use is tetra. have you got any pics of your fish/aquarium?

Welcome to the forum :)

Dont worry about the colour loss its pretty common in farm bred betta it usually starts at around 14 months of age

Mark

Hi Dan, welcome to the forum.
I feel your pain about having to give up the 4x4. I had to sell my pajero just over a year ago and still miss it:( ( not as much as my surf though;)).
Maybe some floating plants would help?

Hi Dan, welcome to the forum.
I feel your pain about having to give up the 4x4. I had to sell my pajero just over a year ago and still miss it:( ( not as much as my surf though;)).
Maybe some floating plants would help?

What pajero did you have? I miss mine too, ive had 2. had a 95 2.8 diesel, then got some debt and bought a 2007 3.2 DID elegance. My elegance had the Rockford stereo upgrade, it was amazing. Had it out in floods n stuff but couldn't justify the money i was throwing at it. cost me 75 quid a week just to get to work.

I had it off road a few times and put some general grabber at's on it. I also fitted an auxiliary input for my iphone. The sedici is still 4x4 but is the size of a qashqai, would never go off road but it costs me less than half the shogun. Its really boring has no extras other than aircon but its still a fun drive.

Would love to own a surf, they are really good looking cars and go forever. what other cars have you owned?

My Pajero was a 94 2.8d lwb and a very well looked after low milage jap import with all the toys for its age. I changed jobs and went from having a company van to commuting and the fuel bill was frightening. A list of cars hmmm Ive been through a few. My first car was a 1976 Mazda b1600 pickup the rest in order:
1988 Mitsi Galant VR-4
1986 Toyota LJ70 Landcruiser
1995 Mitsi Diamante 2.5 v6
Since moving to England
1995 BMW 316I
1995 Hilux Surf 3.0d
1994 Paj
2003 D4D Avensis Spirit R
And currently a 2004 307sw 110hdi
So just a couple:D

I've not had the opportunity to do any serious offroading since moving over here mrs was always scared Id break the wagon. I must say to be fair to her I do have form, I killed the LJ70 offroading.

Back