• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Flame moss - Tropica 1-2 grow

Gary Nelson

Hi, I decided to try out a bit of flame moss so went for the 1-2 grow... its arrived looking a bit yellow though! surely this should be a nice green and fresh as a daisy? can't help but think I'm off to a bad start with this variety :thumbdown:
20131004_151440_zps10946209.jpg

Im pretty sure the pots I saw were the weeping moss and they were green as you would expect, id be surprised if that pot youve got is "normal"

Im pretty sure the pots I saw were the weeping moss and they were green as you would expect, id be surprised if that pot youve got is "normal"
Yes that what I was going on, other types have been a nice lush green.

I've had them like this Gary, once submerged you find it'll soon turn lush green. Looks ok to me.
Thanks Ian, that's good to hear... Hopefully when it goes in tomorrow it will soon pick up with some yummy nutrients and co2 and go a nice green :)

It normally takes only a week or two to become it's submerged deep green colour. It'll be fine.
That's good to know :) I only want a few bits dotted about so should be ok all being well.

Back