• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

'Eruption'

This is beautiful gary. Really really nice. The layout hard scape and planting is all perfect and your tidiness under tank aswell is very strict. I wish I could keep mine like that underneath lol...

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 2

Cheers mate.... I will get some more pics up at the weekend - I'm still toying with the idea of suspending the lighting.

Is this standard lighting from TMC used in your cabinet?If no what brand is it and what power?
Thanks
Tom

Hi, no they are not TMC lights.... no where near as powerful as those - they are just cheap LED light bars/strips off eBay... running via the LED driver and to the mains.

The tank is ticking along nicely and have given the moss on the wood a trim, I thought I'd try out George's idea of the hose on my small scissors.... And it worked like a charm! (Cheers George)
I was visiting my LFS this afternoon and spotted some 'Sparking Gouramis' so after watching these little fellows for a while decided to get 6 - they look great in the tank and there colours are stunning! I will get some pics up soon. I've since read that they can croak!? Is this true?

I've kept them before and a few did jump, so be aware if that!

There is two types of these so I understand, one croaks, one doesn't.

I've kept them before and a few did jump, so be aware if that!

There is two types of these so I understand, one croaks, one doesn't.
Thanks for the heads up Ian.

Just read through your journal so far Gary. Great pics and that light looks the bee's! How's it working out for you? What's the brightness set to? LED certainly the way to go, I can't wait to get rid of my T5's!

It's so tidy inside your cabinet...mines a mess!

Looking forward to more pics at the weekend....I almost went for the taller version of the TMC tank but it only came with black silicone.

Just read through your journal so far Gary. Great pics and that light looks the bee's! How's it working out for you? What's the brightness set to? LED certainly the way to go, I can't wait to get rid of my T5's!

It's so tidy inside your cabinet...mines a mess!

Looking forward to more pics at the weekend....I almost went for the taller version of the TMC tank but it only came with black silicone.

Cheers Dave, yeah the light is great so far, I'm running it at 60% it was on 70% for a week! but spotted some nastys taking shape so I decided to nudge it down a tad! and things seem to have fell back to normal (thank the good lord) Like you I've always had t5's and really glad I have moved over to LED now... I'm very sure you will enjoy yours too :)

Yes I was told by Charterhouse that they did the taller TMC in clear as well as black silicone, so I ordered the clear.... After a few days they came back to me to tell me that TMC only did them in the black silicone though! By that time I'd already set my heart on having the slightly taller model, so just went for it. To be fair it looks OK and matches the grey unit and light well.

The TMC's are great tanks and this being my first optiwhite tank I'm really chuffed with it and a good upgrade from my old Juwel Trigon, I will get some new pics up soon too :)

Your best work yet so far mate. Love the classic-style NA scape and immaculate attention to detail with the hardware too.

Kudos. :)
Cheers George :) you know me a neat freak lol - I'm really enjoying this tank and it so much easier to work on than my old trigon... I do find this sand shows dirt up a bit to easy though, so end up cleaning it more.... I suppose a good thing in a way that it gets a bit more maintenance. I decided to swap the inline co2 diffuser to the inlet today, as I found it was giving a bit to much mist off in the display, will see how it goes.

very impressed with this scape mate brilliant read and photos and like you say I love seeing cabinets aswel, my next scape when I finally get my current one going good :confused: will defiantly have LED just so much more options and easy to adjust etc so no need to lift up and down all the time. How is the fluval g filter ?and also were you buy the push bottle lids on you fert bottles, anyway keep the updates and tips coming and will be watching this scape closely :)

Thanks dean

very impressed with this scape mate brilliant read and photos and like you say I love seeing cabinets aswel, my next scape when I finally get my current one going good :confused: will defiantly have LED just so much more options and easy to adjust etc so no need to lift up and down all the time. How is the fluval g filter ?and also were you buy the push bottle lids on you fert bottles, anyway keep the updates and tips coming and will be watching this scape closely :)

Thanks dean

Thank you Dean, I find the G6 a good bit of kit and ample on this tank... I did have a few teathing problems with an impeller when I first got this, but once Hagen sent me a replacement out it has been find and trouble free. I like how easy it is to clean too. It was George's great reviews on them and seeing how neat it looked in the cabinet that made me decide to go for one. They are good bits of kit. :)

Hey Gary,

This tank is looking fantastic. Your attention to detail seems clinical. Everything you do seems to be 'sculptured', without a leaf out of place.

Your hardware looks great too! In fact, I'm considering a Razor 700mm now for my future project as a result.

Cheers,
N

Hey Gary,

This tank is looking fantastic. Your attention to detail seems clinical. Everything you do seems to be 'sculptured', without a leaf out of place.

Your hardware looks great too! In fact, I'm considering a Razor 700mm now for my future project as a result.

Cheers,
N
Cheers Nath, good to see you back on here mate :)Yeah the Razor is a good bit of kit... Powerful though, so I'm only running it at 65%!
I decided to try out the ceiling mounts this week that come with it... So got away early from work one afternoon and got cracking, I spent ages measuring the holes to be drilled in the lounge ceiling, precision stuff, and nervous at the thought! So just did it and got it all mounted up and hanging. The light seemed to look even better then before with a bit more light spread and the kit supplied is great for easy height adjustment.... But then disaster struck!!! The Mrs came back home from work, and yes you guessed, hated it! :( so now it's back on the normal tank mounts and I've been to B&Q this morning to buy filler ;)

more pics?:)
Yes they are long over due Ian, my excuse is I need a better camera ;). I will get some done tomorrow and posted up, promise! :) I've made a few changes and tweaks (as you do) so time to get some snaps done :)

Cheers Nath, good to see you back on here mate :)Yeah the Razor is a good bit of kit... Powerful though, so I'm only running it at 65%!
I decided to try out the ceiling mounts this week that come with it... So got away early from work one afternoon and got cracking, I spent ages measuring the holes to be drilled in the lounge ceiling, precision stuff, and nervous at the thought! So just did it and got it all mounted up and hanging. The light seemed to look even better then before with a bit more light spread and the kit supplied is great for easy height adjustment.... But then disaster struck!!! The Mrs came back home from work, and yes you guessed, hated it! :( so now it's back on the normal tank mounts and I've been to B&Q this morning to buy filler ;)

Love.

It's good to be back and seeing what everyone has been up to! Myself a considerable amount of golf.

But in a few weeks, maybe a couple of months, I'm going to sort something epic..then probably make a hash of it :lol:

My PS4 is on order too, so my schedule is going to be rammed :p

But that light looks very impressive, as does the scape. I'm gonna subscribe now!!

It's good to be back and seeing what everyone has been up to! Myself a considerable amount of golf.

But in a few weeks, maybe a couple of months, I'm going to sort something epic..then probably make a hash of it :lol:

My PS4 is on order too, so my schedule is going to be rammed :p

But that light looks very impressive, as does the scape. I'm gonna subscribe now!!
Sounds like you are going to be busy then mate... I will be looking out for your next setup then and looking forward to seeing what it is :thumbup:

Back