• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

'Eruption'

Love the picture mate, and the scape is great!

Always liked your attention to detail with the workings of the tank as well. I'm gonna safely say that the tank suites the room well also, better than the trigon. Well done mate!

Cheers Ian, yes I am pleased how it looks in the room.... did you notice the new curtains? that was the deal that was struck with the mrs.... I got a new tank as long as I paid up for new curtains for the lounge.:thumbup:

:cigar::cigar: :cigar:...that light must have cost mega money.
Whats the substrate?

Its worth it mate, the build of it is superb! I have used Unipac substrate, the fine version though as you can get a coarse type too.

Hi Gary
Lovely set-up....clean as a whistle.
Now you got me undecided why light to purchase.
hoggie

Cheers Hoggie, I've just got to try and keep it that way now :)

Brilliant setup, its always great to see how other people set there cabinets out, its so easy to get in a big mess, super clean and sleek well done gary, very jealous

Mark

very sharp scape and set up gary, well done fella.
will be very interested on how you go with the razor. Is the colour spectrum adjustable?
They are pretty good value for what you get and know they are very well thought of in the marine world.
just a shame they dont do any larger ones.
1000umols at 10" :eek: :eek: down boy!

Brilliant setup, its always great to see how other people set there cabinets out, its so easy to get in a big mess, super clean and sleek well done gary, very jealous

Mark

Thanks Mark... Yes I like to see the under tank shots too on other folks journals... It's nice to see what makes it all work.

very sharp scape and set up gary, well done fella.
will be very interested on how you go with the razor. Is the colour spectrum adjustable?
They are pretty good value for what you get and know they are very well thought of in the marine world.
just a shame they dont do any larger ones.
1000umols at 10" :eek: :eek: down boy!

Lol, cheers Iain, yes I can't rate the Razor any higher... It's a fantastic bit of kit and full control over over the colour spectrum via the 2 channels - it's very powerful, hence me only really running it on about half it's power.

Really nice Gary, both in the tank and out, your under tank organisation is something to aspire to, mine is still let's say....unfinalised, until I close the cabinet door!
Look forward to more updates mate, great journal again.
Cheerio,
Ady.

Very nice hardware Gary, the hardscape looks great, keeping an eye on this one ;)

Thanks Paulo, yes I'm really pleased with the hardscape... I was very worried that it might all move when I filled it with water though! A very nervous moment shall we say.... Luckily as was good :)

Wow £370 for the lighting, that Is what I spend on some ofmy fish buying trips.

Really? What fish you been buying Gill.... A collany of zebra plecs? ;)

Really nice Gary, both in the tank and out, your under tank organisation is something to aspire to, mine is still let's say....unfinalised, until I close the cabinet door!
Look forward to more updates mate, great journal again.
Cheerio,
Ady.

Cheers Ady, I think I'm a bit of a neat freak lol. I just like the gubbins to look as good as the rest of it to be honest, it's always nice to surprise visitors to the house and see their face when you open the cabinet door to show them what makes it all tick along.

In the past I have spent that on fish when I had the 400G planted tank. Loved those trips having to ring the LFS in advance so they know to have someone ready to bag what i would choose.

Is still easy to spend that amount on fish over a few months, Especially on ebay as you tend to not worry about the postage costs. As it evens out with time and petrol costs.

In the past I have spent that on fish when I had the 400G planted tank. Loved those trips having to ring the LFS in advance so they know to have someone ready to bag what i would choose.

Is still easy to spend that amount on fish over a few months, Especially on ebay as you tend to not worry about the postage costs. As it evens out with time and petrol costs.

Yes it is surprising how much the costs add up quickly, although I have never bought fish on-line.... I much prefer to see them in the shops and see how they are behaving and the general condition etc..

I am not fussed about seeing them in the stores anymore. As Can request a video from most sellers now. And weekly stock videos are becoming the Norm.

awesome tank mate...how is it going now?

Thanks Martin :thumbup: yeah its ticking along nicely and the plants are filling in more and the moss is going bonkers! I put a Echinodorus 'Versuvius' in towards the back which is starting to take off well - I will get some more pics on soon though.

Back