• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

ADA 60fs Last Chance

My UP atomiser was the in tank one, not external. I don't know about your reg, mine never moved from its setting and bubble count. I've no experience of all the different regs.
I have 16 holes in my spraybar and I don't think my filter is as strong as yours. Might want to think about more holes?
will try this first I will add more holes tomorrow maybe another 6 or so in between the other holes ,will try this first and keep eyes out for any other algae

Dean

It sounds like your reg is not good enough for the up inline. some up inlines need 3-4 bar to work properly and your reg has not got enough pressure to supply a constant flow through the diffuser which in your case needs around 3 bar.
if you have an in tank diffuser, use that until you have a better reg. there are loads of posts about people having problems with up inline and cheap regs. some people think that its counterfeit units but I'm convinced its down to Chinese manufacturing quality

[

CO2 Solenoid Regulator is this one anygood

Thanks Dean[/quote]

This is the one I have now mate , it has worked fine for me , plugged it in and pressed play and the bubble count hasn't changed since .
But then again people have different experiences all the time with the same products . but you learn from your own mistakes :) this was mine ..
Cheers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It sounds like your reg is not good enough for the up inline. some up inlines need 3-4 bar to work properly and your reg has not got enough pressure to supply a constant flow through the diffuser which in your case needs around 3 bar.
if you have an in tank diffuser, use that until you have a better reg. there are loads of posts about people having problems with up inline and cheap regs. some people think that its counterfeit units but I'm convinced its down to Chinese manufacturing quality

I can adjust my pressure but heard stories of people blowing up the up inline diffuser with 4 bar etc + I put pipe from the regulator to bubble counter and let air just go to atmosphere and still fluctuates so must be regulator as diffuser was out of equation :( , anyone else have experience with that regulator sam recommends ? gets tiring spending money lol but will sell my current 2 regulators and will pay for new one :)

also do you really think a slight fluctuation could cause serious issues ? even when co2 off you can still hear diffusing so would think even though regulator fluctuation would still be constant into tank but until this is sorted think we will never know ;)

also sam is that regulator adjustable ?

Thanks dean

I put pipe from the regulator to bubble counter and let air just go to atmosphere and still fluctuates so must be regulator as diffuser was out of equation
can you get this fluctuation to stop by reducing the pressure without the diffuser attached, it does sound like the reg is faulty/damaged

also do you really think a slight fluctuation could cause serious issues ? even when co2 off you can still hear diffusing so would think even though regulator fluctuation would still be constant into tank but until this is sorted think we will never know

looking at your ph readings in earlier posts co2 is getting to the tank so this fluctuation shouldn't make that much difference. perhaps you have other issues like flow, too much/little light etc. is it just the HC that's suffering. the hc in the 180 in my signature is running 2 x t5 about 40cm from the substrate and a ph drop of 1.2 throughout the photoperiod and the only problem we've had with that is some diatoms

can you get this fluctuation to stop by reducing the pressure without the diffuser attached, it does sound like the reg is faulty/damaged

looking at your ph readings in earlier posts co2 is getting to the tank so this fluctuation shouldn't make that much difference. perhaps you have other issues like flow, too much/little light etc. is it just the HC that's suffering. the hc in the 180 in my signature is running 2 x t5 about 40cm from the substrate and a ph drop of 1.2 throughout the photoperiod and the only problem we've had with that is some diatoms

I tried reducing pressure etc other day without anything connected and still fluctuates so must be regulator, also I know that's what I am thinking co2 is getting there but might purchase one to get fluctuation stopped once and for all lol you think that's best ? also only on 2 pieces of hc that's what weird and was hoping to get clen up crew in soon lol

Thanks dean

The output pressure isn't adjustable but its set to 6.5 bar so will run high pressure atomizers ..... So it states .

I currently only have a 0.6 ph drop on my set up , I have 3-4 dkh .
Water, also My ph doesn't get above 6 either and my tank is thriving and pearls straight away at lights on .... And within 20mins I get a full carpet of bubbles ..
:)

6.5 bar I got told 4 bar etc would blow up the atomiser :confused:

only flimsy plastic how does it work, I never tried at that pressure only 2-3 bar I could try upping pressure tomoz

Thanks dean

little update, well all going well tried my other regulator today same brand and make as didn't receive for a month when ordered then got another sent out then ended up with 2 ages ago :D anyway tried that and still fluctuates slightly so going to have to live with it, least now I can sell one.getting bubbles on hc later on into photo period but not sure if pearling :nailbiting: here are some ph readings

7.00am-7.8
9.15am-7.5
11.00am-6.6
11.35am-6.5
12.00pm-6.4
14.30pm-6.4
19.50pm-7.1
23.00pm-7.6

been doing water change every other day and when re-filling using airline I spray leaves on repens etc to get dirt off. temperate is 28 degrees

one problem seems 2 portions of the HC developed some hair like algae hard to see in pics but best I can do for the minute what you think this is ? only on 2 small portions :confused:

DSCN0898_zps900866a6.jpg

DSCN0896_zps5a6afbcc.jpg

DSCN0897_zps0da0c07b.jpg

is this pearling of a small degree lol
DSCN0900_zps8c0f5e9d.jpg

during water change
DSCN0902_zps43654acf.jpg

still need thread name ?
Thanks dean
Hi Dean,
Your ph readings are good and I don't think light is overkill but your substrate is very 'dusty'. It seems to have deteriorated considerably and I'm thinking it may be coating the plants and effectively creating a barrier to co2 and nutrient uptake on the leaf regardless of readings in the water. This may also have been a contributing factor in the last set up and i wouldnt like the same thing to happen again as i know how much you want success and livestock. I would try to siphon as much of that broken down soil out and give your plants a waft and a rub daily to ensure the leaves are free from contamination so they don't suffocate.
The layout looks great and I really think it will look stunning once grown in.
Really hope this on works out for you, you deserve it mate :)
Cheerio,
Ady.

I thought the substrate looked muddy too but couldn't remember what it was. Water needs to circulate through the substrate to a degree does it not?

Thanks for replies everyone , the surface of substrate is very fine dual so will get as much off as possible and wipe down plants, been using air line to blow off dust but just creates more lol you think I should up pressure to 4 bar and see if helps but of still fluctuating you think new reg ( the one listed from co2 supermarket) is best way to go ? Will have to wait until finish work

Thanks dean

I had 2 from co2 supermarket that couldn't keep a high enough bar to use UP in tank atomiser, it was below 2bar. But then other folk have this one and it is fine. I just think you need to make sure whatever reg you get does the job you need it to do. If it doesn't meet its promises then contact seller immediately.

hubMsdY.jpg

Mine reads at 4 bar and all runs sweet :)

Roger that squadron leader :)
Goes to show how much I know !

Hi Dean,
Your ph readings are good and I don't think light is overkill but your substrate is very 'dusty'. It seems to have deteriorated considerably and I'm thinking it may be coating the plants and effectively creating a barrier to co2 and nutrient uptake on the leaf regardless of readings in the water. This may also have been a contributing factor in the last set up and i wouldnt like the same thing to happen again as i know how much you want success and livestock. I would try to siphon as much of that broken down soil out and give your plants a waft and a rub daily to ensure the leaves are free from contamination so they don't suffocate.
The layout looks great and I really think it will look stunning once grown in.
Really hope this on works out for you, you deserve it mate :)
Cheerio,
Ady.

thanks ady and I agree plants seem coated in dust, I syphoned up as much as possible tonight and removed a lot of the top dust but messed up my substrate and still some dust on surface but removed a lot, sucked up loads of hc lol, found hc looking mushy and discoloured think its melt so hopefully picks up, still not purchased reg as not convinced that is majority of my problems, I will use paint brush and quickly wipe over larger plants tomorrow morning before work but hc will come up if touch that

Thanks Dean

Back