• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Co2 reg

Ok thanks for your input .
Maybe I will keep looking for a complete reg +sol that's known to keep its form.
Cheers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's sounds a good way to go ,
This is my reg , is it likely that I could find a needle velve which will fit in the same place ??

U0iLOmN.jpg
Yes you would find a needle valve the same shape as yours. I agree with foxfish buy quality in the first place but as a cheap option if you already have a reg changing or adding another needle valve is a viable solution. if adding an extra valve place it straight after the existing needle valve and dont worry about pressurising bubble counter

C'mon big clown where can I get a needle valve from pronto ?????
;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think the easiest root is to just buy a decent reg :) interested in the boc reg.
do they need a different fitting to connect to fe ?? Regulators are definitely something people should not skimp on as its a vital piece of equipment. I did go cheap originally when I didn't really understand the importance of it in a high tec set up. Once ive moved house a boc will be the 1st thing I'm buying :)

Aquaessentials have needle valves but are out of stock .
Cheers

went back to reading this thread, looked up and my co2 ran out at that moment! :mad:crap :mad:

Here is the new beautiful dupla reg, milled from solid alloy but I can't find anyone selling them in the UK however they seem to be about $150 in the States.

3de601cf3cc1395134dd78c237afba57.jpg
Where about did you find them for sale in the states?

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 4

This item number for eBay seems to be only place I can find them 170788363670 from Germany works out about £150

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 4

What about this I know it's only single stage , but made in England so it's going to be of much better quality , with a needle valve and solenoid your looking at about £50,
That's surely a better way to go then Asian imports :/
BQAjaMt.jpg

Bargin for price but be aware that you will get more pressure when co2 first comes on until it equalises pressure build up. also it may give end of tank dump as co2 runs out
Westcol and sif regs are much better and all single stage regs are prone to end of tank dump
2 stage co2/argon regs rarely come up for sale unlike oxygen which come up quite often
All 2 stage regs have a stainless diaphram in the first stage and a neoprene diaphram in the second stage and are co2 safe but the fitting is male and an adapter cost around £20 and regs can be bought new for around £45-65 from welding suppliers

Back