• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Moroni Rock

John S

A garden centre I use has a small aquatic section and I noticed today they were stocking Moroni rock. A quick google doesn't turn up much on this stuff other than pictures. I can't find anything really related to using it in an aquarium. So is it aquarium safe and has anybody used it?

Ive just done a search " moroni rock aquarium " and theres a few aquatic shops selling it, doesnt mean it is safe but id guess if there selling it, it should be ?

Personally, I've found that if there's very little literature on the internet about it, chances are it isn't very good. I know this sounds like a very cynical view, but I've made a number of mistakes like this in the past, and learned from it.

Thanks guys. I couldn't find any detailed info or images of people using it in a tank and I haven't seen it for sale in any of the LFS's I use.

Ive just done a search " moroni rock aquarium " and theres a few aquatic shops selling it, doesnt mean it is safe but id guess if there selling it, it should be ?

Mark of the places selling it do you read the prices as 0.9Kg of rock for £20+?

OK. Got some today. It passed the vinegar test as I thought it would as other places are selling it. Will soak it for a few days and then maybe give it a go.

IMG_0228_zpsa58755f3.jpg

Back