• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

DIY Project DIY Ferts Auto Dose System

I am ordering one.. It is such a cool thing to use and dose ferts and easy carbo.
May get a bigger box and two pumps.
The only issue is if you don't have two mains plugs you can only dose the same amount with both at the same time, if you have two mains plugs then you might as well make two pumps and be more versatile.

How about a timer in the box rather than having to plug into a timer......
Looked into that and the timers were just too expensive! tried taking a timer adapter apart but way too fiddly to get it into the box and needed to make the enclosure a little bigger so decided not too.

Would something like this work?
Don't see any reason not too, looks neat! Can you buy them in the UK?

they seem to have a short motor life!!

Motor Life: 200 hours. (Total run time of Motor)

Or have a spare motor and pump in case one fails. They seem to have good reviews when I did a quick search. Those little motors won't run forever but not sure how 200 hours compares to others similar. They look like something I had with my Meccano set!

PS what's EC?

Electro Conductivity or something to do with Evaporation Compensation (which is what I would consider using it for) lol

PS what's EC?

Electro Conductivity or something to do with Evaporation Compensation (which is what I would consider using it for) lol
Easy Carbo.....a brand of liquid carbon.

Hi everyone, I'm going to purchase a peristaltic pump just for macros.

How do you guys keep the airline tubing nice and neat on the tank edge? I've seen that DTL has that black contraption that sits in the edge of the tank and keeps the tubing there.
Where can I find something similar?

Thank you

From here this is what I used.
http://www.ukaps.org/forum/threads/diy-dual-peristaltic-dosing-pump-with-alternate-switching.22332/

I cable tied the two tubes to each other when they run behind my tank.

Made this tube holder out of a 32mm solvent weld 90 bend with a 14mm cut out. Plastic nut and bolts and couple of P-clips to hold tubes in place and prevent tube falling out.
pict9035.jpg

pict9049.jpg

Back