• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

54l+Beamswork LED

really like this, you started out similar to my re-scape which was done on my main tank in a few hours at the weekend, journal to follow when i get an hour spare. You have given me some real food for thought, like it and now subscribed. let me know how the CRS get on.

Thanks, hope you have better luck with CRS than me. The buggers look happy, stuff their faces, some getting quite big but no babies!!!

The crs are in the kitchen tank and currently are not showing signs of berrying :(
In the main tank that looks like yours from a number of months ago its all skakura, red fire and chocolate shrimp, which at the moment don't see, to be berrying either.......ho hum. Params all seem good not not quite sure why at the moment.

The crs are in the kitchen tank and currently are not showing signs of berrying :(
In the main tank that looks like yours from a number of months ago its all skakura, red fire and chocolate shrimp, which at the moment don't see, to be berrying either.......ho hum. Params all seem good not not quite sure why at the moment.

Shrimp apparently stop producing young in deep winter, which i can bouch for, as none of mine are berried at the moment either. Expect it to look up in a month or so.

Shrimp apparently stop producing young in deep winter, which i can bouch for, as none of mine are berried at the moment either. Expect it to look up in a month or so.
I've just had a batch of CRS shrimplets tonight! must admit though things have slowed a bit, I had put it down to increases in TDS and fewer water changes but maybe it's a seasonal thing. Temp hasn't altered in the tank though.
On the other hand, I can't get my cherries in the bigger tank to breed for toffee!!

Ady34, you are just showing off! Nduli, sorry but glad i'm not the only one.

Rest off the lampeyes arrived today so now there are 21. The large number has resulted in them being much calmer and they make a lovely shoal. Hoping to get some decent photos at the end of the month with a proper camera and someone who knows what they are doing:snaphappy:

Right, have decided to take this tank down and do a total rescape. I've just bought some ADA Amazonia. I want my shrimp to thrive so going to replace all my substrate and stop dosing EI unless I see deficiencies. Going to keep running co2 as that takes no effort. Its going to be a busy summer and I want to be able to just let this tick over. Getting rid of stems and have bought Java fern'windelov' and giving Sagittaria platyphylla a go. Have a bunch of crypts too. May start a new journal.....

"May start a new journal....."
Yes please :)

What do you think to the beams work unit

Sent from my Nexus S using Tapatalk 2

Its growing stuff fine. In 'the nook' its growing a nice variety of plants if you have a look.

I have just started a planted tank for the first time and I am using a beamswork unit

Sent from my Nexus S using Tapatalk 2

I have just started a planted tank for the first time and I am using a beamswork unit
Good luck! I use co2 too so may have some bearing on results. Its not all about light....

Wow that tank is awesome I'm thinking of setting up a similar sized tank soon to get me back into fresh water tanks, how do you find your LED unit? What made you choose this unit over say TMC Aquarays?

This unit cos less than £50 from an ebay seller, Aquaman or something like that. Nuff said.

Ah, forgot, it was the only light that would fit under the shelf above my tank. And was £50;)

Back