• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

My 240L planted tank

Glank27

Hi,

I am quite new in this hobby, having started just one year ago. But couldn't resist the temptation of starting the hard way, toward creating a beautiful planted tank.
My tank is a 240ltr Juwel Rio aquarium, and is equipped with 2x T5 54W tubes with added reflectors.
No pressurized Co2. I dose Seachem Fluorish fortnightly (5ml), and lights are on for 7hrs a day. Waterchange intervals is 10% fortnightly.

Plants so far are Echinodorus Bleheri, Vallis. Asiatica, and Crpto species. On their way some Pogestemon Helferi.

Anyhow, this is the tank as it look right now...
Not the best attempt in aquascaping but i'm just a beginer so cannot expect much more. hope you like.

DSC02218.jpg

Re: My low-tech 240 ltr planted tank

Things have changed a bit since the post above. Tank is no longer a low-tech since pressurized co2 has been applied thanks to an Aquatic Nature Professional kit. Bubble count is set at 3 bubles per second. As for ferts, i am dosing once weekly Seachem Nitrogen, Phosphorus and Potassium, along with Flourish. Daily Ocean Nutrition Iron+ is applied. Soon i will switch to a Seachem dosing programme, which sees the use of the above products, along with Seachem iron (instead of O.N Iron+), and Seachem trace.

Here's a look of how the tank looks so far. I just need to introduce some more filling-up plants here and there. Right now it seems that plants are doing great. The only downside is an angelfish eating the polysperma!

DSC02356.jpg

DSC02363.jpg

DSC02361.jpg

The more i add plants, the above anglefish gets more distinctive vertical dark lines.

Back