• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

hydor koralia 1

billy boy

Not sure if this is the right place for it,Anyway just got my hydor today and after setting it up i found it a little noisier than expected,Well when i say noisier i mean right good humm of it ,I would say it's louder than my fx5, If anyone has one,is yours the same? or do i have a faulty one :eek:

cheers bb

Mines the same, in fact i stopped using it as i couldn't do with the racket.

Sorry no photo's as yet,I have it on opposite end of the tank to outlet of the fx,And about 3 inch's from the surface,Just that i was hopeing that it would improve circulation to help me with my bba problem,But will stick with it for now before i lose the plot and rip the rest of my plants up :lol:

billy boy said:
Sorry no photo's as yet,I have it on opposite end of the tank to outlet of the fx,And about 3 inch's from the surface,Just that i was hopeing that it would improve circulation to help me with my bba problem,But will stick with it for now before i lose the plot and rip the rest of my plants up :lol:
I noticed if I placed mine too near the surface it made a lot of noise too, try with the eletric cable downwards and upwards to see if it makes a difference and place it in the middle height of the tank.

My Koralia1 is only just under the surface and silent.

However for the first week or so it would start to click and humm. Each time it started to make the noise I turned it off and then on again and it stopped. Doesn't do it at all now.

Probably just something needing to get bedded in. Give it a try.

AC

I just switched it off and took the top and the impeller off put it back together and now their is just a very light humm :D I have a good turnover now between the fx5 and the hydor the plants have some good movement now, not to sure how to work out my turnover but it must pretty high now,hopefully help with the bba :twisted:

I found the same thing. It was noisy at the start but once I rotated it I found it went silent. A gas bubble was collecting in housing and the impellor recess. The only other time it gets noisy is when the impellor needs a clean.

Hi i have a hydor 1 and 2 model these were in use when i had the tank set up as a marine aquarium.
they do make a bit of a noise to start with but as others have said un plug and plug in and un plug and plug in solves it.
mines is 100% silent and the HOB eheim liberty filter i have makes the most noise out of any bit of equipment i have ever bought for the tank.

I've got a Koralia 1 and it does occasionally sound like it's going to take off. I find that just ajusting the angle and tightening the front diffuser stops the vibration. This has happened before and after a clean so I don't think that cleanliness (of impellar etc.) is a cause, bit of a problem but only about once a week for no apparent reason. Just a little fiddle, nothing specific, seems to stop it.

Kind regards

Simon

Back