• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

lunapet solenoid sticking

AdAndrews

Hi guys, me and my dad tried to find faults with the solenoid, everything seemingly works, but when you connect it to co2 it sticks, i dont think i can get inside it, as its in a plastic shell, what do you suggest?

Possibly it is directional? Tried reversing the direction?

Sam.

AdAndrews said:
Hi guys, me and my dad tried to find faults with the solenoid, everything seemingly works, but when you connect it to co2 it sticks, i dont think i can get inside it, as its in a plastic shell, what do you suggest?
Spanerman said:
Possibly it is directional? Tried reversing the direction?

Sam.

Andy

Is the arrow pointing in the direction of the co2 flow

DSC_0055.jpg

Regards
Paul.

should the solenoid be before the needle valve? as in, screw the solenoid into the reg, and then the needle valve into the solenoid?

AdAndrews said:
should the solenoid be before the needle valve? as in, screw the solenoid into the reg, and then the needle valve into the solenoid?
ive always have the solenoid on the low pressure end, ie after the needle valve.

you can get compressed air from maplins in a can or google it for online

ok, the thing is, why wouldnt it stick when not connecting it to the co2? i can hear the magnets being pulled apart/together when i'm just sticking it into the plug and not connecting the co2 line to it, i though maybe its to do with the pressure of the co2...?

AdAndrews said:
ok, the thing is, why wouldnt it stick when not connecting it to the co2? i can hear the magnets being pulled apart/together when i'm just sticking it into the plug and not connecting the co2 line to it, i though maybe its to do with the pressure of the co2...?

If you hear it clicking its working - put you lips around the compression joint and blow - then do the same operation and switch the mains on and your breath should be emitted from the other side - if this works ok then is down to no gas in your cylinder or bottle.

Paul.

hi,
i have one these running on my nano and when i received it (along with a nylon washer in a separate bag, which i never used or knew what it was for), the whole assembly seemed to be pretty loose. i tightened it up a little and had it running for a couple of days before it started sticking off. i thought i had bought a faulty unit and wasn't bothered about breaking it, so i gave the big nut on one end a good nip with a spanner and then another good nip with 2 spanners on the 2 locking nuts either end next to the unit body. it has now been running for over a year without any further problems!
bit of a long shot i know, but maybe worth a try?
cheers,
bazz!

Back