• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

My 60cm (Path Runs Through)

mattyc

my 60cm tank is looking a bit of a mess now and it is time to rescape it. i have been looking around for some inspiration and came across this.
git_git_waterfall_big.jpg

i think i am going to do a bit of a vally thing with verry heavy planting either side. i want to use some ritch green and red plants.
the spec of the tank will be
aqua one 60cm tank
arcadia 2x15w T8
pressurised co2
substraight, aqua soil or nature soil
fluval 205 filter but i may change it for a ex1200
i am going to use ada seiryu stone
plants i think i am going to use, Pogostemon Helferi, Cryptocoryne undulata and i might try Ludwigia glandulosa

What you think?

Re: My 60cm rescape

i have been thinking about the planting for this and have come up with this, i will be using some rocks that arnt shown in this they are better shown in a plan view. i will post it up when i have time.

untitled.jpg

using,
Alternanthera reineckii
Ludwigia inclinata var.
Pogostemon Helferi
Crypts and
Eleocharis parvula

any comments are welcome

after a little trip to the green machine i have got all my bits for my scape,

ADA nile sand
ADA power sand
ADA aqua soil
ADA step 1
ADA seiryu stone

and my plants
Alternanthera reineckii 'Pink'
Cryptocoryne wendtii 'Tropica'
Eleocharis parvula
Pogostemon Helferi

i will post my progress and pictures soon

Thanks for looking

Nice haul. It should come up good, shame that power sand is an expensive folly :(.

i have managed to upload some images,

Power sand in the tank
img3164.jpg

card added to devide the substraights
IMG_3165.jpg

i will add more soon

Attachments

• IMG_3165.jpg
    IMG_3165.jpg
    14 KB · Views: 83

Looks really good! I like this layout! :thumbup:

i havnt had time to look how to do it, i didnt have a problem until i got my new camara! 8)

i have sorted out my images i think they should be a more sensible size, this is the tank with some plants in as i am filling it up.

IMG_3169.jpg

and the tank with nothing covered and filled,

IMG_3182.jpg

thanks, i have 4 harlequins and some pigmy corys, i also have some cherry shrimp and ottos for cleaning duties. the amonia level has dropped to 0 so i have put the livestock in. i will post up another image now the plants have recovered from the planting and have started to put there roots down

i have had some problems with my stems at the back of the tank so i have added some other plants into the mix which should provide a good background contrast, they are Rotala wallichii and Rotala rotundifolia.

My lilly pipes turned up the other day also so i have them on now, i just need an external heater now!!

It looked like this on monday,
IMG_3481.jpg

it has been a verry long time since i did an update on this tank so here is the latest pic taken this morning after its trim,
IMG_3917.jpg

IMG_3918.jpg

Back