• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

saintly's "The Miracle Mire" scape over

Mark Evans

Expert
hi folks, me again :D (nooooooooo....i hear you cry) well the time has come to start my new journal. i don't have a name yet hence the ???????????

the first step is complete, to buy hard scape materials. ive purchased roughly 80 kg of the blue stone from TGM (thansk guys) its alot, the biggest piece alone weighs 33kg! of course im not going to use all of it but i didnt want to be short when it came to the stone arranging. also i can bash the big stones up a bit to get what i really want.
the cup's for scale
6438422d.jpg

a329a5da.jpg

what im hoping to create is a cliff face of some sort.im still scratching my head about how im to gain the height that im looking for without using doses of AS. i know in Asia they use polystyrene to bulk out. also i have the option of using my existing stones to bulk out. allot to think about there. im not using any wood because i feel i need to improve my rock arrangement skills. next scape will be wood. maybe after the henge is over (which maybe soon)

planting wise, i want to use similar layout like what's in the henge. HC, rotala sp green ( ;) to Dave Spencer) and maybe the red variety. mosses. nothing new or innovating because im not good enough yet to innovate.

im going to be using the existing substrate and 2 extra bags of AS (we'll see how the amounts pan out) with a ADA bright sand front with graded pebbles and stones.

that's basicly it for now, i'll update soon.

Re: saintly's ??????? scape

Thomas McMillan said:
Sounds interesting. How big is the tank?

its only 4ft, so im going to have to do some rock bashing. with working on churches and historic buildings i come into contact with stone masons everyday so im going to see if the bigger rocks can be cut by machine. so i get the appearance from the front but rock is only say 4 inches wide for example.

aaronnorth said:
i expected you coming back with a lot more thats all :lol: :lol:
me too. i did buy 1 plant, the 2006 ada contest book(great scapes in there BTW) s AS and rock which ive just bashed. ive got my work cut out arranging these :?

me too. i did buy 1 plant, the 2006 ada contest book(great scapes in there BTW) s AS and rock which ive just bashed. ive got my work cut out arranging these

i suppose you will seen as you are not innovative :rolleyes: evryone has something in them ;)

nothing new or innovating because im not good enough yet to innovate.

you'll all be glad to hear this is on hold. until i get rid of my rena. ive put an order in for a new 120 x 45 x 45.

1 x 120 x 45 x 45 opti white 10mm glass aquarium ordered. :p

should be getting this thing up and running in a month or 2

heres a couple of bits of wood ive managed to get my hands on. ive got 2 others to come similar in shape. i'll also get some smaller pieces. for these 2 bits it was a little over £20 which seemed quite cheap.

d160ab93.jpg

1bf32947.jpg

dc95cbc5.jpg

im having much fun just getting all the bits and bobs together. so as you have probably guessed im going to attempt another scape with wood....along the lines of a amano nature style tank.but knowing me i'll probably;y change my mind. you see I'd already decided on a iwagumi style tank and even spent over a ton ££££ on stone but in good old saintly fashion ive changed my mind. i've got such a hard scape selection in my back garden :D

from the appearance this wood looks allot like the ada stuff. it all looks the same once covered in moss :lol:

thats the best bit of setting upa tank, getting all the bits together then messing around with setups :D they look like nice peices and at a good price too. are you goign wood only or with a bit of rock too?

Joecoral said:
£20 for those huge bits?! That's a damn good bargain!

£13 for the big bit and 8 for the smaller. ive laid claim to 2 other nice bits. and some smaller bits too.

stuworrall said:
are you goign wood only or with a bit of rock too?

have been thinking about that, im not really sure which way to go with the hard scape layout.....still thinking :D

Back