• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Something other than green

idris

These are my current plants:

Wisteria - mid green
Vallis spiralis - mid green
Amazon Swords - mid green
Dwarf Hair Grass - mid green
Taiwan Moss - mid green (soon to be added)
Round Pelia - mid green (soon to be added)
Crypt wendtii - actually, not mid green, but the brown variety. But the difference doesn't make much of an impact.

The Wisteria will either be significantly reduced, or entirely replaced, at some point in the not too dim and distant future, as it doesn't give the feel I'm after, and I'd like to replace it with somthing different.
Something red would be great, but I'm pretty sure I don't have enough light for that, so I'm wodering if there's anything tall (12" or so), that's a really dark green. Something like the colour of a Xmas tree, or darker still. If it's got broadish leaves and will do well in a very low tech tank, even better.

Any suggestions?

Hi all,
Bolbitis heudelotii is dark green, and as long as your water isn't too hard, and you have some flow, it is an easy plant. The same aplies to most Anubias spp. they will respond to low light levels by producing more chlorophyll and will then appear darker green.

If you want an easy low tech plant with red leaves Nymphaea "zenkeri" or N. lotus "Red" are both fairly indestructible, if you leave a few floating leaves. I've had the same plant for about 10 years, I just make sure it always has at least 3 floating pads.

cheers Darrel

Back