• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

What to do with spent water after water change

Gang@Ukaps

following on from John Starkey's thread "How quick to change water" and "What do you do with the spent water"

I save mine in 25 litre barrels and my Mrs using the water to water the flower beds and hanging baskets - recycling :thumbup: and over the past fornight, some sun shine, water containing fertz have produced some cracking blooms.

Regards
paul.

Me too Paul. It all goes on the flower beds , pots, baskets or lawn. Always save a little for house plants too. The orchids in my kitchen are amazing and i dont give them anything else. Back garden gets most as the hose goes straight out the door, but I fill the odd bucket and give the front garden a bit as well.
Who needs MiracleGrow? :D

My water goes down the loo, i live in a 2nd floor apartment and dont have any plants. :( this is soon to change whn i finish the tile work in the kitchen and get some plants and herbs in there!! :D

Matt

Yea, but technically, wouldnt more water be "recycled" if you simply poured it down the drain? i spose if your mrs would usually water with fresh tap water anyway then it is better to use it for the flowers, i dont tip it on the flowers & plants coz i use easycarbo and im afraid its harmful you see.
Adam

AdAndrews said:
Yea, but technically, wouldnt more water be "recycled" if you simply poured it down the drain? i spose if your mrs would usually water with fresh tap water anyway then it is better to use it for the flowers, i dont tip it on the flowers & plants coz i use easycarbo and im afraid its harmful you see.
Adam

used easycarbo on my previous tank & at the start up of this tank, no bad results :thumbup:

Water Always goes on the veg patch.
Works Very Very well as food. to the extent that 1 year a marrow plant took over 1 whole side of the garden 30ft. Grew up the Walls 6ft and down into Grans next door. was very funny.

Back