• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

What to do ???

zanguli-ya-zamba

Seedling
Hi guys
I have just received a batch of plants today, They are in the box since 12 days now. You can imagine that when I opened the box all the plants are in bad shape !!
What should I do ? As all the plants are emerge growing should I plant them in a propagator at the window with Congolese sun light and moisture for a two weeks recovery ? or should I plant it directly in the tank ?
I have some Eleocharis pusila sp mini will it survive emerge ?

Thanks for your advices members

Cheers

I'd be inclined to get them planted directly in to the tank straight away - try and give them optimum growing conditions and just let them get on with it...

I sometimes receive plant-material like this ..........
What suits the plant best differ fore different plants - if you have enough material, I'd suggest doing both emerged and submerged.

W
hat you DON'T do......is expose these plants to full Congolese sunlight. This will kill anything that survived a dark box.
Make sure, you shade whatever you grow emerged, and then MAYBE try to adapt them to strong light later on.

Most stem-plants will benefit from being stripped for most or all leaves, and "delicate" ones will benefit from having youngest growth (=top 1 cm.) removed. These part usually die off anyway when in such bad condition.

Hi guys sorry I have had a problem with my phone.
Thanks for all your advices.
Finally the same day I decided to do a quick propagator system.
The prop is places on my balcony with only one hour of direct sun light but I cover the prop with a glass I ll show you the pictures tomorrow.
The plants are responding well. Ammania sp bonsai is growing well. Monte Carlo is responding but very slowly, staugoryne is doing well, and the hygrophilia latifolia also.
Only the Eleocharis is struggling to start growing.
Here is a reaaally quick shot the day after planting.
Tomorrow I ll be back in Kinshasa so I'll will post a pic of the actual stage of the propagator.
Thanks for your advices member !!
11b4341eb3e50008b078527bbd81c50d.jpg

6399c45f49d462a48085ee390172d4f6.jpg

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk

Back