• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Update on my new light unit

Dougie

Finally I plucked up the courage and de-rimmed my fluval Roma 125, obviously I braced it with a 4 inch wide, 10mm think acrylic and painted the top 2 inches to cover the day job underneath!! Haha

Got a new light unit too, the fluval aqualife and planted, got it for a bargain at £120 off eBay brand new, pretty good considering they're 190odd everywhere.

The root at the right was only added tonight, hopefully get the moss I ordered tomorrow and get that grown in as quickly as possible.

Pretty happy with the results, pictures attached. Please share your thoughts and comments.
d7858b740404da0510d88c7eb1c9f0f3.jpg

ce0fb39fb9d319d9812c8cc1d91c4edd.jpg

e4af888281e02c74a4f382f9d7914074.jpg

Very nice. What's the colour rendition of the fluval aqualife like? Does it show the greens, and particularly, reds up well?

Last edited:
Looks good. I've wanted to take the plastic off my Roma 125 but haven't plucked up the courage. I've just put a pair of grobeams on mine which are so much better than the T8 tubes. Keep us updated with the ranks progress.

Steve

Its lovely, nice daylight colour without looking too yellow.

Yeah it was mega scary when it had set and I was filling it back up, but its really strong, very happy with it! Looks very nice now☺

Question:
Is this moss pearling?
3856a4ed8911e8cba164f4c9d5fa3455.jpg

I've never had pearling with my T8's so was wondering if this was that? Also got rising bubbles from my grass☺

So happy to see Blyxa japonica being used again :D I've attempted thick bushes of the stuff in the past hoping for the kind of effect you've achieved, but to no avail. Fish love the stuff!

Nice colour on the light to compliment a lovely, natural looking tank :thumbup:

Haha I have my betta, 16 schooling fish including rummy's, galaxy rasboras and green fire tetras, never ever see the school haha only at feeding time, absolutely love the blyxa Japonica!
Cheers for the compliment!!

Back