• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Unknown algae

aiacs31

Seedling
Ey up

New to the forum, need some advice please

I have had my tank running since Christmas over 5 months
Co2, high light for roughly 6 hours air stone to break surface and dosing micro and macro nutrients plus root tabs.

Not sure what has happened but I have somehow ended up with this algae that I can't Identity and or get rid of.

It's deffo not BGA, I have had that in a previous tank and know all about that slimi shite! It's not hair like, more like light green clumps of fluff that sticks to hairgrass like sh*t and rocks but comes loose when fingered

I scoop up as much of it as I can and it comes back just has fast, the only other algae I have in the tank is green dust at the end of the week.

I have never had black beard algae , just putting it out there if that helps

Feed my fish granules n algae wafers.

Done test kits and have normal readings....

Please see pics attached

90daf26c8b52575cd859deb5f09deb5e.jpg
3159c45ffcb93e276d3423c07899a8b7.jpg
d180784b893db54691260fc0f21de766.jpg

Can anybody help?

Cheers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks Martin, filter is fine but my pipes are filthy so maybe that's it, thanks for that

Macek, was there a conclusion to both the threads or a solution? I can't understand why this isn't classed as one of the handful of common Algae found on tank sites.

Back