• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Steve's ADA 120P - Emerald Isles

ADA

Hi guys thought it about time I started a journal for my optiwhite, had it for a while and been waiting on our house move before I set it up. We move this Saturday down to Maidstone in Kent so I can get this started, need to build a cabinet out of external grade ply so that will be coming over the next couple of weeks, the house we are moving to has a nice 30ft garage I'm going to make my workshop for that very purpose lol.

So specs will be as follows and here's a list of goodies got and still to get.

Got,

120x45x45 optiwhite
Tmc 8 way controller
Eheim pro 3
Jbl 1500
Lily pipes
Tools
40kg seriyu stone
Big box of manzy from Tom Barr
40L flora base black
Ferts all in one and EI
6 fire extinguishers
3 regs with solenoids (wanna try out a couple)
2 inline diffusers
2 inline heaters
Water butt for RO

Getting,

2 x tmc aquagro tiles
Clear filter pipes
External ply
Hanging kit
Aquarium backing (frosted)
Drop checker
Plants
Twinstar ;)

It's gonna be set up on a dry start first with a fogger to get Fissidens and Riccardia to latch to the wood and to hopefully soak the wood, with that it will prob be flooded after Xmas, will get some pics up as soon as I can guys.

Thanks for reading,

Steve.

Sounds like some proper gear, I envy your workshop, I'd love my own workshop with all the fancy tools and machinery I could ever want :woot:

Will the spread and power from 2 (I assume 1500) tiles be enough for a 120cm tank? I know you don't need that much light but George Farmer uses 2 on a 60cm tank!

Reactions: ADA
Sounds like some proper gear, I envy your workshop, I'd love my own workshop with all the fancy tools and machinery I could ever want :woot:

Will the spread and power from 2 (I assume 1500) tiles be enough for a 120cm tank? I know you don't need that much light but George Farmer uses 2 on a 60cm tank!

The tools are by no means fancy lol mostly boot sale bought :), I think it will be enough, if not I may throw a grobeam between the tiles ;) gote worried now lol.

Is it the 1000 or 1500's? I have a PDF on their performance... Difficulty is uploading it here!

Hope this helps...

42eb9426a7040f3d184ec7dd0cb8976e_zps4ca0313f.jpg

We are slowly getting there, got 2 sheets of 25mm thick external grade ply cut into sections for the cabinet, lighting en route, 25kg extra landscape rock coming this week from Rob P then it's throw up some hard scape ideas :) excited.

Might chuck a pic up of the man cave of aquascaping goodies ;).

Is it a custom built tank, if so would you mind saying where from & would you recommend the builder?

Back