• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Red plant rotting

Lukes

Image1464556892.706910.jpg

I'm new here so sorry if I have done this wrong,
Plant seems to be rotting leaves, I recently added co2 which hasn't seemed to help at all I am using some plant fertiliser but dosing once a week as bottle states not sure if I should dose a little more or not, can anyone tell me what the problem is?

I have 2 assassin snails and 3 otoclinclus catfish I don't think it would be them?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No me too, i do not think they would, but the damage looks more to me like something munching on it, than rotting due to a deficiency. Sorry i'm at a loss here too.

Certainly looks like snail damage, is it possible you have some very small snails that have ended up in your tank with any recently added plants .

Is the plant new?
I would remove all the damaged or affected leaves to let the plant focus on growing new leaves until you figure out what's up.

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

Hi
Welcome to the UKaps!
If the damage doesn't affect the new leaf growth, its probably due to older emersed leaves being shed in the transition stage too submerged growth!
It does look as though the new leaf growth isn't affected!
Cheers
hoggie

It may be that the emersed leaves are weakened and being attacked by snail etc. ie two factors rather than one factor.

How big is your tank!
Two things lack of nutrients or snails eating your plants and I don't think is lacks of nutrients because your plant looks heathy and good in the other leafs, I can tell you cause I have snails before and they use to eat the leafs like that. anyway like IdoWiseman said cut the damage leafs and keep an eye whos doing the damage

Back