• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Question about elevations...

Ryan Young

Hi all,
Substrate finally arrived, although now waiting on filter I ordered from Germany. :(

Anyway, quick question I've seen this aquascape and was immediately drawn to it for my 30cm cube as I want to keep it minimal but beautiful at the same time. I want to put my own stamp on it but want to keep the elevations in the design.
Therefore does anyone have any suggestions on how to make these sharp elevations in the gravel?
I know I could bulk it up with rocks but that isn't really what I wanted and besides may have got 20lb of substrate rather than the smaller one by accident. :banghead:
Thanks, Ryan :)
04e42b10a52f55f1a006ad69eec2cebf.jpg

Are you sure it's not just Bonsai trimming he did.. :) Looks more like it.. Or he used panty filled with substrate and let the plant grow over it or a mesh. Looks like HC and HC grows about on anything even on wood if you give it time enough.

Finding out the title of the scape if it has any.. You might find a journal about it..

Hey, thanks, got it all put in today used lava rocks as elevations but think you are correct with the idea that it is trimming over actual elevations as I could not replicate it at all. Luckily got a lot of Monte Carlo as it was £3.95 for one or four for £11 so thought I may as well take the four.
Also the scape is by Volker Jochum if any interest to you. :)
Here's a picture of where its at right now...

Attachments

• IMG_0596.JPG
    IMG_0596.JPG
    70.2 KB · Views: 84
Back