• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Ph dropping too low.....

Bardot

Seedling
Hi, I have a lowish tech planted tank, use EI ferts and Glut. The ph comes out of my tap at 7.2 but the kh is less than 1 so this 7.2 does not hold for very long. Despite having a large amount of crushed coral in my filter I am still finding my ph dropping below 6 by the end of the week and as such am having to do smaller more regular water changes than my usual 50% to avoid ph shock.
My question is, would any of the EI ferts be contributing to the ph drop? I have 2 other smaller planted tanks, both have coral in their filters but I add no ferts and whilst the ph drops in these tanks it is not by a significant amount and I can still do 50% wc's without fear of ph shock. Or is there a product I can add to increase my kh without raising the ph....in other words just something to hold my 7.2 tap to around 6.6 ish for the week, have looked at JBL Aquadur....??
TIA.

Back