• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Nightmare Algae/Incubo alghe!

IMG_20240211_184413.jpg

I'm not 100% sure what you are asking but I think 'if it is OK to add the Scapers Soil to your existing tank' then you can maybe try adding some to a cup with water and keep your eye on the Ammonia levels for a few days. Knowing Dennerle it's quite possible there is no added Ammonia (similar to Colombo Flora Base Pro) but of this I cannot be sure. Or you could just add small quantities to your tank at a time (which is what I do), if your filter is mature then there should be no problem and you can always be ready to do a water change.
Cheers!

good morning, an update on the aquarium, question but if the plants increase, do you need more co2? because now it is no longer light green

but if the plants increase, do you need more co2?
Yes as the plant mass increases the demand for co2 will also increase. The increased mass will also have an effect on flow around the tank, which can also result in co2 levels dropping.

Just be careful if you adjust the injection rate to compensate for the extra plant growth that you re adjust when you give the plants a trim, otherwise the co2 levels could swing the other way and end up being to high for the fish.

Back