• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

New Tank Opinion - Superfish or APS

Oriforc

After over a decade away from the hobby, I am considering returning.

At present I have identified two potential options - either the Superfish Scaper 90 (using the included LED light), or a 60cm optiwhite tank from All Pond Solutions, with a Twinstar 60B v2 light. Both options come in around the £150 mark, the APS/Twinstar option being marginally more expensive than the Superfish.

This will be a fairly budget friendly, easy to grow plants / non CO2 beginner tank, as I ease myself back in to the world of aquariums

Other than the Twinstar being WRGB compared to the Superfish's all white LEDs, are there any other factors to consider? Which option would you all choose?

Thanks in advance,
Ori

Welcome to UKAPS 🙂

If those are your two choices, it’s a no-brainer. Superfish Scaper all day long. APS tanks can be a bit hit and miss in terms of quality.

Or go for another make of optiwhite, rimless and braceless aquarium and the Twinstar RGB. For starters take a look at what our sponsors offer.

@Oriforc I would suggest a third option which is Aquael Opti tank 60 or 80. I found it to be cheaper for better quality workmanship compared to Superfish and most LFS can order it off Aquael so availability shouldn't be a problem if you are in the UK.

I did see the Aquaels, but they're slightly smaller tanks, the Aquael 60 is 60x30x30 compared to the Superfish 90's 60x40x38, which almost doubles the volume and I like the extra depth front to back.

I did see the Aquaels, but they're slightly smaller tanks, the Aquael 60 is 60x30x30 compared to the Superfish 90's 60x40x38, which almost doubles the volume and I like the extra depth front to back.
Good point! I forgot about the depth in the Superfish compared to the Aquael. Yes, in that case, the Superfish would be a good deal since it comes with light, filter and heater.

Back