• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Microsorum Melting

James D

My current set up must have been running for a year now and my Microsorum 'mini' has been thriving, I've divided and replanted many times.

Before I went on holiday a few weeks ago I noticed a bit on melt and removed the affected leaves, when I got back however 50% of them were dying. I've removed all the dead bits and left only healthy ones but over the course of the week many more have been affected, when I do my maintainence on Sunday there'll be none left. :(.

I haven't really changed much apart form remove the floating plants a few months back, the tank's low tech and I always try to over-do the E.I.... I'm stumped.

I've been adding plenty of Easycarbo this week as well but it hasn't made any difference. I'll try hooking up my pressurized CO2 this weekend but I think it's really too late.

Does the 'melt' spread amongst the plants or is it a general defficiency causing it?

fish2.jpg

fish.jpg

I'd consider it "environmental damage" - be it the increased light-levels, the increased amount of EasyCarbo or something else.
Being a relatively slow grower, Mic.s will tend to show signs of not thriving, with some delay. The fact of rhizomes still looking alive, mean there is hope for re-growth of leaves, if environment is not too hostile to the specific plant.
Any change in environment - especially sudden changes - have a potential (damaging) effect on the plants. Sometimes they can't adapt fast enough - sometimes they can't adapt at all.........and sometimes, ofcourse, it means improvements. In general sudden changes are to be avoided, in a running tank.

Back