• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Led lighting.

mr. luke

In my experience quality LED drivers and HK and Ebay should never appear in the same sentence :(

If you dig back through the lighting thread you will see the number of power supply failures from buying cheap from Ebay LED power supplies. :( Oh and LED failures from Ebay and China. :(

If you think these really are quality Cree LED's (might be copies on Ebay) then you will need a suitable quality driver eg for £19
http://uk.farnell.com/osram/4052899917583/led-driver-50w-1-4a-36v/dp/2382588

You will need one per LED tile.

Thanks for the advice :)
I think ill take a gamble on the tiles at that price and go for the drivers you posted :)
At least that way if i do fall short on the leds i have the drivers to back up some quality Leds :)

or the drivers you posted
Check out some of the other Farnell drivers, the one I quoted has 3 current settings (max 1.4A), but there are some others that are variable, so when you find, as you most likely will, the light level is far far far far far too high you can dim the LED's. You are looking for 1.5A max current with max output voltage of 36V.

Thank you for all your help :)
payday at midnight so I will get ordering based on your recomendations :)

Just to bring this thread back to chip in my 2c.

That driver 'should' be suitable for the LED going by the information supplied however I have used a few of those types of driver from ebay and they tend to deteriorate pretty quickly to the point where series I have powered by them have ended up flashing after 3-6 months as the driver is struggling to hit their lower limit even though they were high powered enough to light up more LEDs than the series I was using them on.

Not just one occurrence, that was 2 separate series of 16 LEDs powered by a 10 - 18 LED driver. Each one went separately and was replace like for like with the same result so 4 drivers same result each time.

I replaced these with Meanwell drivers with no re-occurrences.

Back