• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Keeping Floating Plants Together

Tropical Simon

Seedling
I'd really like a floating plant but the surface movement of my tank is quite fast. It doesn't "ripple" or anything, I mean it swirls round quite quickly.

Is there anything people do / any tips to stop the floating plants just being pulled to the filter and ending up in a thick mess in the corner?

I've seen people using floating plastic foam ( thin sheets), cut a shaped ring from it and keep the floaters in the cut-out shape, you can even tether the foam in the middle of the tank with some fishline.There should be pics on the forum somewhere.

Thanks Edvet, I think I know what you mean - I've had a search around for some pictures but can't seem to find anything. Can you remember any threads with pics in?

Thanks chaps, that looks interesting. I suppose another option would be to attach some moss / riccia etc. to some plastic mesh and let it float.

Back